M240 firmware FW 2.0.0.11 Update [Merged]

huckles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is not much to choose between them to be honest......

I would still (if you have the facility) make a dual illuminant profile with Colourchecker Passport or similar .... then at least you can be sure things are ok for you

After the firmware update we can only choose "embedded" in Lightroom, right?

After the firmware update we can only choose "embedded" in Lightroom, right?

What I find in Lightroom 5.2 is this:

DNG files have the full choice of profiles under the pulldown menu, Adobe Standard, Embedded, plus any custom profiles I've made.

Any files I've exported to Photoshop and saved as tifs only have the Embedded profile available.

Not sure about jpegs.

• Like 1

What I find in Lightroom 5.2 is this:

DNG files have the full choice of profiles under the pulldown menu, Adobe Standard, Embedded, plus any custom profiles I've made.

Any files I've exported to Photoshop and saved as tifs only have the Embedded profile available.

Not sure about jpegs.

Oh sorry, I had jpg and dng files listed and only the jpgs are limited. Thank you.

Hi DW… I agree with you, but of course this is a matter of taste. With AWB, I find the skin tones a little rosier and the overall white balance a little cooler than I would make them. However, my sample is small since I've taken to either using the Daylight setting or a grey card.

• Like 1

For me one of the big disappointments in the FW update is that nothing has been done about Exposure Compensation. For those of us with smaller and/or arthritic hands, the current “quick” method of holding the focus button down while turning the roller, is close to impossible, especially if you are using a large heavy lens. With a “Bumpon” on the focus button, I can just about manage it but it is quite uncomfortable and when the MF grip arrives, will become totally impossible. From various comments from other users, I am far from alone in this difficulty. I would have liked to see a menu option to use the half shutter press and roller that is used on the M8 and M9. From my POV, this is far easier and more ergonomic. With the top roller on the M240, this would be even easier than the M8/9, where you have to use the back dial.

Wilson

• Like 5

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
For me one of the big disappointments in the FW update is that nothing has been done about Exposure Compensation. For those of us with smaller and/or arthritic hands, the current “quick” method of holding the focus button down while turning the roller, is close to impossible, especially if you are using a large heavy lens. With a “Bumpon” on the focus button, I can just about manage it but it is quite uncomfortable and when the MF grip arrives, will become totally impossible. From various comments from other users, I am far from alone in this difficulty. I would have liked to see a menu option to use the half shutter press and roller that is used on the M8 and M9. From my POV, this is far easier and more ergonomic. With the top roller on the M240, this would be even easier than the M8/9, where you have to use the back dial.

Wilson

Never use it.

If you shoot in manual you can quite easily compensate by adjusting either the aperture or shutter speed….job done:D

Wilson

Yup ......or the video button plus roller ...... I'd also like the option to reverse the action ..... I invariably reduce exposure ..... and rotating the roller to the left is a pain.....

Forgot to mention you can correct your mistakes in PS or LR…..another job done:D

You also forgot to mention that you can't fix blown out highlights in PS or LR.... Another job messed up. :)

Oh and you forgot to realize other people have other preferences.... Another mistake easily made :)

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
You also forgot to mention that you can't fix blown out highlights in PS or LR.... Another job messed up. :)

Oh and you forgot to realize other people have other preferences.... Another mistake easily made :)

I am not disputing that others have preferences. I am just saying that it is so so simple to add or subtract EV compensation as and when you need it via the shutter speed dial, I shot over 2000 pictures in India last week and never used the EV compensation button once (where is it by the way)

Take a picture and look at the histogram if all the squiggly lines are on the left turn the wheel to the right and vise versa it's as simple as that that. And if you are worried about space on you memory card buy more.......memory is cheap:D

• Like 1

Some people are to forgiving, they just go along with marketing and what a company tells them is good for them.

I never used the EV +/- thing, and just now tried it reading that it works with the focus button thing. That said I do think it is in a bad position, and I rather would have it on the 'Movie' button, and have the current EV button for something else, or even the same... as long as that Movie button disappears I'm happy. (as in gets a new function, or a list of functions to choose from)

The video shutter release is perfectly fit for me. Not sure if marketing has anything to do with that.

I initially agree with this, but as someone mentioned half shutter press Movie button became my second best option.

The current EV button could be set for Movie mode. I don't think there's a way to bump it accidentally.