M240 firmware FW 2.0.0.11 Update [Merged]

huckles

I have a weird issue with new firmware. When formating a SD card inside the M, the creation date is January 1, 1970 but the DCIM folder is December 30, 2047. I checked the date and time of my M and the settings are correct. Anyone with the same issue?

.... yes Leica were told about this by me during the Beta testing phase ......

presumably it will be fixed eventually, but as it has no real practical consequences it is low on their list of priorities ....

I have a weird issue with new firmware. When formating a SD card inside the M, the creation date is January 1, 1970 but the DCIM folder is December 30, 2047.

My DCIM folder was created on Jan 1st, 1601, at 2.00 AM. I'd say that weird but no issue. I guess there is simply no creation date generated, so the date displayed is just a random pattern of bits, interpreted as a date ... which has no actual meaning. The 100LEICA folder has the same creation date—so maybe the bits filling up the creation date field are not really random but maybe just a string of zeroes—but the creation dates of all the image files are correct.

So it's a non-issue.

It has never occurred to me to check the folder creation dates on the memory card before, so I have no idea if this behaviour is new ... I guess the previous firmware was no different in this respect.

Where is 1.1.0.2 still available?

In cameras that have not been upgraded? I don't think you can go back after upgrading but why on earth would you want to. Consensus is new FW is a BIG improvement so why would anyone not go with it?

Keith wrote that it was still available (post #5), but I could not find it on the Leica pages.

It used to be available on the Leica pages but isn't anymore. Anyway, having it as a back-up won't help, because the camera refuses to do the update when the firmware to install isn't newer than the firmware installed. After you've installed the new firmware, you cannot go back.

Thank you Leica Engineering for listening to your customers and addressing the white balance, color and skin tone issues that we pointed out. Well done!!!!

The Leica team really did a great job in listening and working on an update. In many respects, it was easier convincing them than the group of LUF doubters that appeared to defend why the AWB and color weren't an issue when the topic was brought up in the form of a thread.

• Like 2

The Leica team really did a great job in listening and working on an update. In many respects, it was easier convincing them than the group of LUF doubters that appeared to defend why the AWB and color weren't an issue when the topic was brought up in the form of a thread.

I don't think that it was so much that there was a group defending the AWB, it was more that there existed a few that saw through the AWB problem and made dual-luminance profiles or were proficient enough with PP and realized that the color from the CMOS sensor wasn't the problem.

I think Leica may have listened to them, and not those that thought the CMOS color was the the inherent problem, and changed the AWB and left the basic CMOS color alone. The Leica team clearly addressed the AWB and did a great job. Thanks Leica.

Edited by RickLeica
  • Like 5

It takes its time to have the firmware shipped over the ocean.

Either that, or it has to bypass the NSA cache and security checks before it can arrive at it's final destination.

Hi everybody, I can't properly download the latest firmware; in other words, I download it but then, when trying to open it, it appears a message (I use a mac powerbook) saying that there is no known application to open it. I'm so unable to save it on the sd card and update the firmware. Can you help me? Thanks in advance