Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Xenia said:

Wonderful pics! Pure art!

Is there a book? Probably, I‘m years too late…

I regret to inform you that you are.  Stnami (Imants Krumins) had been a forum member for many years under the forum names Imants and later as Stnami but he sadly passed away in 2011 from cancer of the brain.  He wasn't to everyone's taste and neither was his photography but personally I enjoyed both as well as his contributions to threads and his desire to challenge established norms.

RIP, Imants.

Pete.

On 2/17/2022 at 3:44 PM, farnz said:

I regret to inform you that you are.  Stnami (Imants Krumins) had been a forum member for many years under the forum names Imants and later as Stnami but he sadly passed away in 2011 from cancer of the brain.  He wasn't to everyone's taste and neither was his photography but personally I enjoyed both as well as his contributions to threads and his desire to challenge established norms.

RIP, Imants.

Pete.

Dear Pete,

thank you for the information! I’m sad to hear about Imants Krumins’ illness and death.

Certanly, I understand that his art was not to everyone’s taste. But I found it intresting and thought provoking.

What a pity, that I was too late to tell him myself that I appreciated his photo collages.

A close friend of mine died from brain tumor. A painfully hard way to go…

Thanks again for letting me know!

All the best to you, Pete

Xenia

• Like 1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Hello everyone,

Watching this threat, reminded me of the lovely Digilux 2 I once owned. I sold it after a couple of years in favour of a Hassy I needed for a project. The Hasselblad’ are all gone now. (My beloved SWC I lost in a break in.) Also my eyesight is getting from bad to worse. Heavy equipment is out of the question. So here it goes: Today arrived my second Digilux 2 and handling it, I like as much as before. Fingers crossed, the sensor will not die on me, now that Leica cannot replace it anymore.

Best

Xenia

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, Xenia said:

Hello everyone,

Watching this threat, reminded me of the lovely Digilux 2 I once owned. I sold it after a couple of years in favour of a Hassy I needed for a project. The Hasselblad’ are all gone now. (My beloved SWC I lost in a break in.) Also my eyesight is getting from bad to worse. Heavy equipment is out of the question. So here it goes: Today arrived my second Digilux 2 and handling it, I like as much as before. Fingers crossed, the sensor will not die on me, now that Leica cannot replace it anymore.

Best

Xenia

A wonderful reunion,  Xenia. A striking example of seeing the light. Enjoy your D2, my friend.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

15 hours ago, Xenia said:

Hello everyone,

Best

Xenia

Congrats with your second Digilux 2. It's a digital camera that feels like shooting analog. Hopefully the sensor will continue to do well. Also, check out the necessary batteries as they are starting to become scarce. Nice photo by the way. 

Best

• Like 2

I would second the point about batteries, before the UK made the utterly stupid decision to leave the EU I bought a battery (via Amazon) from a supplier in France. Good battery and arrived quickly, now they won't send to the UK since Brexit. Also, 2Gb SD cards are not always easy to find and are expensive for the capacity, no doubt due to low demand now.

Having had to sell my X Vario late last year, the Digilux 2 is my only camera now. The sensor & a PC board were replaced (at no charge) by Leica a few years ago so hopefully it will continue to give good service for a few more years....

(To Xenia, a Hasselblad SWC was my favourite camera many years ago, when working professionally. I still regret having to sell it when the time came to move to a digital system for professional work).

Geoff

• Like 1

Hello again,

Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

Indeed, I have been busy following your advice to stock up on both 2 GB SD cards and 7.2 volt batteries. Thank you, now I have a small buffer for the future.

As before, the camera is a joy to use. I guess in part because it reminds me/us so very much of analog Leicas and Hasselblad. Even the Nikon F2 and F3 were easy to use compared to the overloaded digital monsters that came later. But I am an old photographer, in my early days always using b/w which I in time learned to develop and print in my especially adapted kitchen. Early in the 80ties I bought my first SWC and during my first years as a travel photographer it followed me everywhere. Later it had company with a 501 CM and the wonderful 135 Macro from the fifties. I used both together with a variabel tube and got some astonishing results. I have mostly been an one camera one lens person. Sometimes in Africa I met photographers with whole loads of equipment but their results rarely matched all that material effort.

Anyway, the Digilux 2 albeit digital has that glorious back to basic feel and I look forward to post more photos eventually.

Varmest regards,

Xenia

• Like 4

Impressive clouds over a prominent mountain.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• Like 7

Venice Beach, California 

• Like 8

Los Angeles, California

• Like 2

Paris, France

• Like 10

Venice Beach, California 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yellow ...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sixties ...