Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

To minimise camera shake, all pictures taken with the 3-images burst mode.

• Like 7

I have both the Digilux 2 and Digilux 3 in like new if not mint condition. Have purchased some extra lenses for the D3 model.

Even though the Pixel rating is not that of current models, it's fine for 11x14 or smaller. The quality of build in these models is outstanding. You will be happy with yours.  :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings everyone! 

I'm yet another person that got hooked on this absolutely wonderful camera. After drooling for a while I went ahead and purchased a Digilux 2 through this forum. 

Although this is my first post here, I've been hanging around for a few weeks gathering info in preparation of my recent purchase. And I have of course also admired the pictures in this thread (the whole thread). 

My ambition is to go 100% manual with the Digilux 2. After handling the camera for a few days I have realized that I have a lot to learn. But I already have concluded that there really is something special about this camera.

The "distinctive look" that everyone mentions is really there, and although this is apparent from just browsing this thread, it becomes really apparent when you actually use the camera. 

This photo is one of the first ones I took with the camera. It's taken in Gothenburg (Sweden) the day after some heavy snowfall.

• Like 4

Greetings everyone! 

I'm yet another person that got hooked on this absolutely wonderful camera. After drooling for a while I went ahead and purchased a Digilux 2 through this forum. 

Although this is my first post here, I've been hanging around for a few weeks gathering info in preparation of my recent purchase. And I have of course also admired the pictures in this thread (the whole thread). 

My ambition is to go 100% manual with the Digilux 2. After handling the camera for a few days I have realized that I have a lot to learn. But I already have concluded that there really is something special about this camera.

The "distinctive look" that everyone mentions is really there, and although this is apparent from just browsing this thread, it becomes really apparent when you actually use the camera. 

This photo is one of the first ones I took with the camera. It's taken in Gothenburg (Sweden) the day after some heavy snowfall.

Welcome and congratulations with your Digilux 2. I'm sure you will like it. From my point of view the D2 is still the most analog digtal camera in its handling. Hope we will see more pictures from you

Best

Greetings everyone! 

Although this is my first post here, I've been hanging around for a few weeks gathering info in preparation of my recent purchase. And I have of course also admired the pictures in this thread (the whole thread). ...

Welcome, Etienne, and congratulations on purchasing your D2!  I look forward to seeing more of your pictures. :)

Pete.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Neuer, good for you! I too have the Digilux2 and Digilux 3 in absolute mint condition. I protect each one with a Luigi Leicatime handcrafted leather case, which only adds to the enjoyment of using them.

The Digilux 3 model came with the 14-50mm lens on it, but I was able to purchase a mint Leica 14-150mm zoom and use that most of the time. Both cameras are just a joy to use and prove beyond a doubt that an older Leica can still produce stunning photos that rival even the newer models. Just love seeing the photos some of you guys post on this thread.   :)

I was experimenting a bit with the ISO 400 setting a while back. Under most circumstances it's simply just not usable... 

However, Iv'e noticed that in some conditions, and for a certain style of picture, it actually works rather well.

The noise at ISO 400 is quite different from what you get at ISO 100 (and way more noticeable, of course!), but it's still nice under the right conditions. 

As many have pointed out before; It's reminiscent of what you sometimes can see in old photographs (taken with analog film cameras). 

Anyhow, going back to ISO 400 specifically, I get the impression that the noise in some way is more forgiving when it comes to movement.

This is an example of when I think it works really well. It's not a fantastic image, but illustrative. 

The first one is the complete picture (but re-sized), and the second one is a 100% crop. 

I do find the 100% crop to be a bit "hard" on pixel-level. It reminds me a bit of 3D renderings with bad anti-aliasing. But if scaled down about 20% it works just fine. 

• Like 7

My Digilux 2 is an old and obsolete Camera, but the photos that i take with her are Fantastic!!

This Portrait was taken at 400 iso....

Ciao

Giacomo

Edited by Giacomo.B
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Another Photo with my old Digilux2....

Ciao

Giacomo

Edited by Giacomo.B
  • Like 5

Here are some recent shots while on vacation in Old Suwanee, GA. USA

• Like 1

Old building from early 1900s.

Another one in "downtown" Old Suwanee.

And the last one, all done with Digilux 2.

Edited by Robert E
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I took this one earlier this month, during a long walk in the woods. 

I'm not really sure who is enjoying the sounds of the forest the most; my wife or the dog... 

• Like 3

Here's some from today, taken in a small Ohio town named Seville. Do you remember "The Barber of Seville"? Well one shot is of the 145 year old barber shop, located here in Seville,Ohio, USA.

All taken with the Digilux 2 with it's beautiful Summicron zoom lens. Enjoy.  :) 

Edited by Robert E
  • Like 2

Having problems with uploading photos. They are less than the maximum size but still get error" "too large to load". Not sure why, they are small enough. Really need to change this maximum size limit.

Edited by Robert E
  • Like 4