New M240 photos

Bazwell

Whatever expertise Dr Rohde can or does bring to the development of the M240, it is not apparent to we, the audience, what that is.

I don't care what reasons provoked the making of his pictures, they should not have been released as they were. It is simply a marketing disaster, proven by the nature of discussion in this thread.

If he had a brief, I hope he fulfilled it, but whatever, we don't know it's purpose and consequently its secondary achievement is a PR disaster, it would appear.

May the real product and it ability surface soon to quell the garbage that currently abounds.

You've taken it to new levels of laughability here. A "PR disaster"? Ha! Really? A few over sensitive, jealous, arrogant self obsessed forum posters don't think he's qualified to use their future precious camera? That's a marketing and PR "disaster"? Oh please.

Thanks for the chuckle.

I'm with you 100% on quelling garbage though.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Oh great. More personal attacks. However unsubstantiated, let rip eh?

So apparently smart in technological knowledge, yet so social incompetent and unaware. Amazing.

Perhaps if ALL "personal atttacks" could be reigned in a bit, this thread might not have such an unpleasant atmosphere.

Thanks

Edited by andybarton
  • Like 9

Hi dwbell,

Don't you get just a tad too excited with your posts in this thread as well?

No offense intended.

I'm not actually excited. More saddened. I would defend you in a forum if you we're being unnecessarily attacked, in public, for doing absolutely nothing wrong. It's the way I was raised. ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing". I'm not suggesting there is 'evil' done here, but behaviour that's bang out of line. And I'll call it out every time I see it.

If you find my defence of standards and civility too much, it's your duty to call me out.

Curious has anyone even considered the fact that this Dr. Rhode may not even be who he claims to be? Some have googled his name and looked at his qualifications but it would be quite easy to come up with some engineer's name and start making posts on Leica forums claiming to be a beta tester. The whole thing just seems a bit too far off in so many ways. I'm guessing no one has actually verified his identity? Supposedly these pictures have been permitted by Leica to be leaked as he claims as well? I'm calling BS on all of this...

If someone has confirmed his identity then great I just can't find that it has been done.

Edited by macjonny1

Are you planning to appoint a private detective?

Nah just a question.

1) Is it reasonable to question the authenticity is there from this poster claiming to be a Dr. Rhode, beta tester?

2) Do you find anything highly unusual about his postings and story?

Curious has anyone even considered the fact that this Dr. Rhode may not even be who he claims to be? Some have googled his name and looked at his qualifications but it would be quite easy to come up with some engineer's name and start making posts on Leica forums claiming to be a beta tester. The whole thing just seems a bit too far off in so many ways. I'm guessing no one has actually verified his identity? Supposedly these pictures have been permitted by Leica to be leaked as he claims as well? I'm calling BS on all of this...

If someone has confirmed his identity then great I just can't find that it has been done.

No reason for doubt.