How good is 35/1.4 Summilux pre ASPH

dennersten

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wonderful photo Ben.

btw, did you know that your username is the name of a band that appears in a Jennifer Aniston movie?

One of the all time greatest lenses ever made. It's computed to use wide open & that's it's real strength. It's plenty sharp, but the bokeh & draw is to die for.

hakan

i'm now on my 4th 35mm lens - a 35mm summilux pre-asph, and won't be changing anymore. all of the advantages have been listed in your thread by other forum members.

you might want to read the attached thread from member ADAN about the lenses designed by mandler in canada..

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/customer-forum/45854-praise-mandler-lenses.html

you'll be pleased to read that your noctilux is a mandler design, as is the 35mm summilux pre-asph, so it might be reasonable to expect them to have similar "looks". the 75mm summilux jaapv mentioned is also in the same family.

when you're ready to look for a 21mm lens, maybe i can help.

greetings from hamburg

rick

One of the all time greatest lenses ever made. It's computed to use wide open & that's it's real strength. It's plenty sharp, but the bokeh & draw is to die for.

I agree, speechless

• 1 year later...

Hi Ben:

Just got through looking at your great shot of the young woman in BW taken withe the Pre-Summilux 35 for my M9. You have made me a believer about taking this lens with me on my trip to Berlin later this month.. . Planning on also taking the Digilux 2 .

Don't want to take too much gear since I want to travel light using a Scottevesty coat with their many hidden pockets.

Best regards

Hank