New page the Overgaard Leica M9 article: Backstage in the Fashion Week

Overgaard

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for noticing the painted fingers. I've actually gotten quite many responses on those why I'm glad I did a lot of photos of them backstage. They were made with toil-based paint why it took half an hour or more to dry, and god knows how much of it they were able to get off after the show.

Funny choice. But in any case, few have probably even noticed it during the catwalk, and it will only be noticed on few of the catwalk images. So I'm happy to have been able to show a new inexpensive trend one can apply at home - and some seem to take it up!

The runway shots made with the DMR are always without flash. Most photographers shoot without flash (and should do so) but there was a handful of photographers shooting with flash this year, also amongst the audience. But the light onto the runway is mostly quite good 3200 Kelvin light and plenty enough to shoot 200 ISO f/2.8 at 1/250...[/url]

thanks a lot for the extra details and pics. Some shows here are much too fast-paced for manual focus, though. As far as flash goes...actually, the more light available, the more likely I will try to add some. Also, if you shoot the same models regularly, flash is a cue they use and appreciate.

It is a Summicron-M anno 1962, serial 2052762 which goes for 400-800 Euro mostly at Meister and other second-hand Leica dealers.

You can get an overview of the 50mm Summicron-M lenses in the compendium (see the list of serial numbers/years in the bottom):

leica.overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard's Leica Pages - Leitz and Leica Lens Compendium

The list of serial numbers & years is very helpfull. I liked the size of the 35 sumilux & cron of 1960 better; I wonder if they get the same flair?

Thanks