1970 summilux 35/1.4-any good?

nugat

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another shot with the M2 and the Summilux 35 pre-asph.

Erik.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest maddoc2003jp
This is to add to my previous post since the "edit time" has expired.

If you use the lens on the M8 and want to mount a UV/IR filter you will find there is no filter thread on the lens. However you can get a series 7 filter from B+W which will mount in the 12504 clip on hood. The hood unscrews into two sections to take the filter. As an alternative to the Series 7 filter I've found if you take a 49mm filter (Leica or B+W) and mount it in the hood with the filter thread facing away from the lens you can screw the two parts of the hood together to hold the filter.

Bob.

Does this work with "normal" thick screw-in filters ? I have two E49 filters from Leica (yellow and red) in E49 for use with my Super-Angulon-M and would like to use them with the hood of my 35mm Summilux and also searching for a not to expensive IR filter ...

Yes, I use a B+W 49mm 486 filter with my Summilux/M8. I'd expect a problem with the 'slim' B+W filters as the outside diameter on those is larger than with a standard filter of the same size.

Both the standard Leica and B+W filters will fit in the hood if reversed. The Leica filters are a solid fit whereas the B+W ones will rattle after the hood has been screwed together. You can fix this if needed with a small piece of packing material.

Bob.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The one in mine doesn't, but I have the filter facing the normal way rather than reversed. I wonder if that makes a difference?

With the B+W filter thread facing the lens the two halves of my hood will screw together by less than a quater of a turn.

Bob.

Guest maddoc2003jp
Yes, I use a B+W 49mm 486 filter with my Summilux/M8. I'd expect a problem with the 'slim' B+W filters as the outside diameter on those is larger than with a standard filter of the same size.

Thank you ! :) I have tested it last night with one of my silver chrome Leica E49 filters and reversed it fits very well. Now I will look for an IR 76 filter in this size.

Cheers,

Gabor

With the B+W filter thread facing the lens the two halves of my hood will screw together by less than a quater of a turn

Hi Bob, I've now had a look at my Summilux. With the filter facing the correct way there's about 80% of a full turn before the two halves of my hood lock. The fit feels very solid so I'll stick with that. You are of course correct in that if the filter is facing towards the 'wrong' way the two halves of the hood screw together completely, but there is a rattle.