Krakow - One Challenge 11 October 2008 details

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just finalized by accommodation in Krakow. Spread over two establishments! (I like to travel in style :D )

I was at a fairwell dinner for our local Leica rep last night (he's resigned) and I think I managed to seriously interest another Aussie Leica shooter in coming on our Krakow jaunt. A serious female shooter (of leicas), so watch out all you guys .... the competition may be hotting up!:eek:

Well done Erl, very impressed with the effort of coming all that way for the challenge!! Lets hope she does.

Melbourne would be a great venue for a future challenge, but I just don't think we'd be as committed to make the journey from this end of the world! (although I could see my sister at the same time).

Just came back from Vienna, Austria, on another type of competition, and was very impressed by the Leica shop - and the second hand one next to it - and thought of proposing this city as a possible for the future challenge if somebody local is willing to do the preparation. Food for thought for the 11th of October meeting...

Five weeks to go folks.

I'll start - three hands here.

Andy, you are starting to remind me of Rolf Harris!:eek:

Count me in for the meal, but I may have to leave early (pre-midnight) as my flight next morning (to Morocco) is tooooo early for my comfort.:(

I have heard that Krakow has more restaurants, bars and pubs per square metre than the rest of the world combined. Should be pretty easy.

Five weeks to go folks.

Please can we have a show of hands for a potential supper on the Saturday? we ought to be booking somewhere suitable shortly, if possible, depending upon numbers.

I'll start - three hands here.

I am in. Just got my confirmation voucher for the hotel.

For dinner on the Saturday night I'm proposing this venue;

Restauracja Cherubino Kraków | Najlepsza Kuchnia Włoska Polska w Krakowie | Restauracja Włoska

I've eaten there before and it was excellent. Its located in a side street off the main square in the Old Town so should be convenient for everyone, and its a pretty varied menu of Polish and Italian food.