Krakow - One Challenge 11 October 2008 details

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For dinner on the Saturday night I'm proposing this venue;

Restauracja Cherubino Kraków | Najlepsza Kuchnia Włoska Polska w Krakowie | Restauracja Włoska

I've eaten there before and it was excellent. Its located in a side street off the main square in the Old Town so should be convenient for everyone, and its a pretty varied menu of Polish and Italian food.

Can they make cod taste like steak?

Two things. I hope that they don't have that awful music playing in the background and two, I hope their prices are in Zlotys. :)

Oh, and the interior looks pretty superior.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can they make cod taste like steak?

Probably. The place has recently been closed for restoration, so it may not look like the web site - I remember that carriage when I was there last year.

I see they cater for parties. Once we have numbers it will probably be worthwhile contacting them.

I will be arriving in Krakow on Wednesday 8. My plan is to do some trips out from Krakow but I can make some time to reconoitre on the ground when I am there, if that helps. I could probably get access to a computer and post my findings on, say thursday, if that is useful.

Just had an email to say that RyanAir, that most reliable of airline..., have cancelled a shed load of flights in Sept / Oct

Now need to find an alternative for my daughter who was joining us from Edinburgh.

Bugger - not been a good week £-wise, this week.

At least they told us a month in advance, I suppose.

Even Mickey Mouse would run a better airline than this bunch of Muppets.

Looks like it's Easyjet at +£150 or she stays at home...

Also blows out the trip to Auschwitz.

At least they told us a month in advance, I suppose.

Even Mickey Mouse would run a better airline than this bunch of Muppets.

Looks like it's Easyjet at +£150 or she stays at home...

Also blows out the trip to Auschwitz.

Could she fly / get to to another airport in the UK and get a cheaper flight ?

Edinburgh is a difficult place to get from, when trying to get to another airport. The RyanAir flight was just about right. She could catch it after lectures on the Friday, and get back at a reasonable time on the Sunday.

The Easyjet one means she'd have to fly out on Friday morning, as would any other alternative.

Good job we can cancel the hotel room - I bet that shower in Dublin wouldn't refund third party expenses for this. It's just bloody typical of how much in contempt they hold their passengers. As someone recently said "I'd rather walk that fly with RyanAir" In this case, she might HAVE to walk...

A friend in the industry emailed me this last night

"So the strike has only been going on a day and they were counting on delivery to the day of these planes to keep up to their schedule ?? Likely story!! - I'm sure they were grounding a load over winter due the fuel price.

At most Boeing will deliver about 4 aircraft a month from each line (presuming all 4 for that month were for Ryanair) "

Because we were going to go on Friday, with our daughter arriving Friday night.

If she arrives at lunchtime, we will have to remain in Krakow on Friday in order to meet here.

If she skips a day at Uni on Friday, she won't have a hotel room on the Thursday night.

This is the last time I ever do business with RyanAir.

Because we were going to go on Friday, with our daughter arriving Friday night.

If she arrives at lunchtime, we will have to remain in Krakow on Friday in order to meet here.

If she skips a day at Uni on Friday, she won't have a hotel room on the Thursday night.

This is the last time I ever do business with RyanAir.

Don't know if this helps!

I am happy to meet your daughter at the airport at lunchtime or whenever. It is only about an hour roundtrip and frees you up to go to Auschwitz. I can drop her at your hotel or wherever. Also quite happy to "show her the town" till you get back, or whatever.

Pity she is not a bloke as I have a twin room booked right on the square with the second bed spare.

A third option is that I am sure there would be no difficulty picking up a room "on arrival". The only downside with that is the uncertainty until you find it. Actually, it is the way I travel mostly so I am used to it. Having a booking this trip is a luxury I have yet to experience!

Don't know if this helps!

I am happy to meet your daughter at the airport at lunchtime or whenever. It is only about an hour roundtrip and frees you up to go to Auschwitz. I can drop her at your hotel or wherever. Also quite happy to "show her the town" till you get back, or whatever.

Pity she is not a bloke as I have a twin room booked right on the square with the second bed spare.

A third option is that I am sure there would be no difficulty picking up a room "on arrival". The only downside with that is the uncertainty until you find it. Actually, it is the way I travel mostly so I am used to it. Having a booking this trip is a luxury I have yet to experience!

That's very generous Erl.

I haven't had a chance to speak with her yet, not re-arrange flights, but I will contact you privately should we need to take you up on the offer.

Thanks!

Andy, will she be on the Friday EasyJet flight from Liverpool? If so I'll be on that flight with John and his wife from Hull - that makes it sound like he has several wives scattered across the country. Anyhow, to get back to the point, we were going to share a taxi from the airport to our hotels. It would be no bother at all for your daughter to share a taxi with us.

Andy, will she be on the Friday EasyJet flight from Liverpool? If so I'll be on that flight with John and his wife from Hull - that makes it sound like he has several wives scattered across the country. Anyhow, to get back to the point, we were going to share a taxi from the airport to our hotels. It would be no bother at all for your daughter to share a taxi with us.

Steve: One in every port...?

Andy: Absolutely - no bother at all.