Leica Website Update - Good Work!

Guest joewehry

Guest joewehry

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Going to the Leica main site Leica - Three Independent Companies Share the Leica Brand, and selecting the camera option, now brings one to a static page allowing a choice between going on to product info, or a more multimedia "experience" of Leica.

The link through to products still has an updated, sophisticated multimedia feel without being overpowering.

Congrats Leica web team on making the transition to a cleaner interface - a much better presentation of the Leica brand and camera.

If you're still stuck with a dial-up connection - - Forget It! It took me 11:40 to get to the camera products (iMac G4, OS 10.4.11). Further, if your OS has features to quell pop-ups and advertisements, you may have more difficulty.

The site shold be labelled "Broadband Only!"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I agree, Leica did a fairly good job in making the web page more user friendly. Its encouraging to see Leica take some quick action in responding to customer comment. One of my few joys in life, other than my family, is picking up either my D2 or R8/DMR, and creating images that I and my friends can enjoy. I want to be able to enjoy the Leica experience for years to come.

I'd say... a good job without too much spending.... and this is good: they have "softened" the all-luxury approach established only some time ago and gave a quick access to the product lines they wish to put on the stage; ... Jaap is correct... the R line doesn't look so much in their minds... but this can be the right choice waiting for Photokina news... ;)