Totally chuffed

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The whole LCD display has to fit more smoothly into the back of the camera for that to happen. If you could make the LCD a touch screen a la the iPhone you could eliminate the buttons entirely--individual icons for ISO, Exposure Comp, etc--and make the whole thing flush with the body. Not sure you could incorporate enough processing power to have that level of interface without making the camera larger.

While the flip-up door on the film Ms stuck out it was somehow better integrated.

Actually touch screens don't require a "lot" of processing power. Not compared to a PC or Mac for example..

My company makes a small controller that has a small 160x120 touch screen,

xlt325x275.jpg

and while this is black and white, apparently you could get a color screen about the same size (actually you could have a manufacturer tool up whatever you want, theoretically).

So, there is no reason why you couldn't make the entire back of a camera one big touch/display screen. Might work best on an SLR with a large battery capacity, but look at the iPhone. An iPhone shape with minor variations would form the back of a digital SLR or high end video camera quite easily.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=8006AFCE&node=home/shop_iphone/keyboard_movie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kill that suggestion asap. My nose will be re-formatting the SD card, or changing ISO.

Rolo :D

Oh please... This is progress. I suggest you get used to a little inconvenience so the rest of us can spend our god-children's inheritance on quickly obsoleted toys. :mad:

Mine! Mine! Mine!

-Dana

You could grip it by the husk!

What? Carried under the dorsal guiding feathers?

PS - Pictures of Harley touring bikes are so 20th Century!

I'm with the Duke on this one Rolo:D .........the Harley is a bit horse and cartish

Now you mention it Imants, I can see what Duke meant and have put it right.

Thanks for the direction, both swell guys.

Rolo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Jaap,

I think it looks wonderful and I'm so glad to find the definition of chuffed to be positive.

g.

Glad somebody noticed the ambiguity in the thread title:). Chuffed is one of these contextual words, that have opposing meanings depending on the way they are used. In this case either 1. pleased or 2. disgruntled. I was happy to find a thread title that would do justice to all posters ;)

At any rate, here is a slightly more careful image of the offending camera, this time instead of a slam-dunk Digilux2 shot, the DMR/macro-elmarit 60, ringflash and reflection screen....

And I can only repeat, in real life the camera looks fabulous......

m8grey.jpg

OTOH, British urban slang "chuff" and "up the chuff" have different meanings entirely.

I'm familiar with chuff as an alternative to bum, arse, etc. but I've never heard it used in the context "up the chuff". Are you sure you're not confusing it with "up the duff"?

...Chuffed is one of these contextual words, that have opposing meanings depending on the way they are used. In this case either 1. pleased or 2. disgruntled....

Japp, there was no ambiguity for me.

I live in a community that uses "chuffed" as in, for example, "chuffed to bits" to mean "as pleased as could be" but I don't remember it being used in a negative context to mean disgruntled. In fact, if someone did then I think I'd be a bit confused. "I'm chuffed that I was stopped and searched by the police while shooting on the street." (Eh?!)

On the other hand I would expect someone to get a 'kick up the chuff' if he wasn't pulling his weight. And 'stick it up your chuff' is a slightly less aggressive alternative to a much cruder term. :)

Pete.

I'm familiar with chuff as an alternative to bum, arse, etc. but I've never heard it used in the context "up the chuff". Are you sure you're not confusing it with "up the duff"?

Yes, I am sure I'm not confusing the two and it's probably best to draw a veil over the exact meaning.

Japp, there was no ambiguity for me.

I live in a community that uses "chuffed" as in, for example, "chuffed to bits" to mean "as pleased as could be" but I don't remember it being used in a negative context to mean disgruntled. In fact, if someone did then I think I'd be a bit confused. "I'm chuffed that I was stopped and searched by the police while shooting on the street." (Eh?!)

On the other hand I would expect someone to get a 'kick up the chuff' if he wasn't pulling his weight. And 'stick it up your chuff' is a slightly less aggressive alternative to a much cruder term. :)

Pete.

The Oxford Dictionary contradicts....:p

Mark is correct, you must have lived a sheltered life Ian:)

Steve