Totally chuffed

jaapv

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole LCD display has to fit more smoothly into the back of the camera for that to happen. If you could make the LCD a touch screen a la the iPhone you could eliminate the buttons entirely--individual icons for ISO, Exposure Comp, etc--and make the whole thing flush with the body. Not sure you could incorporate enough processing power to have that level of interface without making the camera larger.

While the flip-up door on the film Ms stuck out it was somehow better integrated.

Note the dial and all buttons on the D-Lux 3 are metal.

Why plastic dial only on the M8 ?

My apologies for the strong language but this is what I found of chuff & chuffed see here.

chuff 1 v fart. 2 n one's posterior. 3 expl usable much the same as "f***" as a general swear word: it was all going fine until the chuff**** pigs turned up. Entirely seperate to the word "chuffed" so use with care.

chuffed adj generally happy with life. You can also get away with saying you are "unchuffed" or "dischuffed" if something gets your back up. Make sure you only use this word in the correct tense and familiarise yourself with the meaning of the word "chuff" too.

Tip: for looking up words online definitely try this in Google: definition: 'the word or expression you want to look up'. Is chuf**** brilliant.

Final question - has anyone gone all the way and recovered their M8 in green snakeskin or similar? If it looks sufficiently garish this might actully be a useful alternative to the electronic smile detector. Can you get other colors for the Leica logo other than red & black? Please post images here (if Jaap does not object). Otherwise I will be pleased to open a new thread.

Excellent post! :D

Final question - has anyone gone all the way and recovered their M8 in green snakeskin or similar? If it looks sufficiently garish this might actully be a useful alternative to the electronic smile detector. Can you get other colors for the Leica logo other than red & black? Please post images here (if Jaap does not object). Otherwise I will be pleased to open a new thread.
See this page at Cameraleather: News and Updates

As a Camrbridge man, I couldn't possibly comment...

:eek: I certainly would not be interested in seeing an Oxford illustrated definition of the word...

You seem to be a bit chuffed... :D:D

Here's what my OED says about "chuffed"-

chuff | ch əf|

verb [ intrans. ]

(of a steam engine) move with a regular sharp puffing sound.

ORIGIN early 20th cent.: imitative.

chuffed | ch əft| |tʃʌft| |tʃəft|

adjective [ predic. ] Brit., informal

very pleased : I'm dead chuffed to have won.

ORIGIN 1950s: from dialect chuff [plump or pleased.]

Guest Essemmlee

I wish that almost any of us could discuss the vernacular of 'chuffed' in Dutch.

Well done that man.

And your M8 looks beautifully clothed.

We are not worthy.