Totally chuffed

jaapv

Guest Ridder Cornelius

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Surely looks different Jaap.

I read somewhere that some Japanes guy could make an M look really tattered and worn, in a well managed manner that is.... I saw a picture of an M4 he did, blacked it first and then got in the sandpaper.... I wouldn't mind having something like that done to my M8

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luigi, if anything, people have found it rather easier to do than I showed in my explanations. This was the first time I had done it, so was cautious. Turns out it is quite straight-forward but it's worth taking the time to get the fit right and split the backing paper into two so that you can work on one side at a time.

If you take the bottom off your camera and slide your fingernail underneath the standard cover on one side of the screen and slowly lift by about 1cm or so, you'll be able to see how the standard cover is removed and you can always press it back if you get cold feet.

I'd say the grip is actually more difficult than the camera.

I'm jealous i wish mine looked that clean. I have some nice wear and tear look going on my black ones . Mine get used pretty heavy though and certainly not anything near collection material.

:D. It has 7000 shots in 18 months on it....But you may remember I dropped it last November - The chrome ie only a few months old....

Black dot: DAG. And I'l take a better shot today.

Guest Ridder Cornelius

All a matter of taste. When Ibought my new car roughly 8 months ago I choose a colour combination which according to the catalog was possible. 2 days after I was phoned by the car company itself inquiring in a polite manner if I was in a sane condition when I actually ordered the car, and if I was still sure I wanted it. Not that they weren't able to produce but this colour/uphosltry combination had not been sold before and wouldn't probably be again and would be taken out of the range..... I had the car delivered and I love the combination, it makes the car sort of special/different. I do actually get stopped by total strangers inquiring after-, or commenting about this.

Jaap probably has the same thrill whenever he picks his M8 up to "take it out for a spin"

I'm sure that the photographs that you produce will be so much better due to that external covering on your camera.

Steady on Pete, you covered yours in leopard skin to match your handbag !! :D

Look terrific Jaap, nearly as good as KM-25.

Rolo

The other day, I heard a professional photographer describe Leicas as fashion accessories rather than photographic tools. I felt somewhat insulted, but I have to say that postings like this give weight to his argument!

Its easy to make such statements, but harder to justify them. Its easy to say that a Ferrari is just footballer bling. The fact remains it is peerless, uncompromised automotive engineering, suffused with passion. Footballers do like them though .....

I have an M8 because its small, portable, unobtrusive, fun to use, brings back all the skills and creativity I first honed 40 years ago then lost in the era of automated everything. I have an M8 because it takes great pictures, comparable with the best kit money can buy. I also have an M8 because it looks great, feels good and makes me smile every time my gaze falls on its minimalist, cut-from-the-solid appearance. I wonder if footballers like Leicas?

Guest rweisz

The only downside was that the Cameraleather glue is clearly more tenacious than the stuff Leica uses

Question: after you remove it is there enough stickum left to restick it? In otherwords what happens the next time you have to send your M8's for repairs and they have to peel the cover off?

so glad to find the definition of chuffed to be positive.

g.

If you really want to slip into the vernacular, "chuffed to the bollocks" would be my choice :D

(FWIW I've always thought that sounded kind of cosy.)

I happen to like it, I put it on my M3...

Nice cameras! Love the look. Nice thing about grey is that it doesn't draw the eye like black does (the entire camera should just fade into the background).

PS - the old Leica film cams are still prettier. One day maybe someone will be able to de-uglify LCD screens and switches and such so that everything has a more integrated look, or make the LCD blend in when the camera is off.

IMHO I think that is the ugliest M camera I have ever seen. Sorry.

Pink would look better. YMMV

Well, if you like pink, why not get a few Hello Kitty decals and make your M look better then.

2319646683_55a6a09cfc_b.jpg

I think this would work out well, certainly if you are taking pix of kids and don't want to scare them...

One day maybe someone will be able to de-uglify LCD screens and switches and such so that everything has a more integrated look, or make the LCD blend in when the camera is off.

The whole LCD display has to fit more smoothly into the back of the camera for that to happen. If you could make the LCD a touch screen a la the iPhone you could eliminate the buttons entirely--individual icons for ISO, Exposure Comp, etc--and make the whole thing flush with the body. Not sure you could incorporate enough processing power to have that level of interface without making the camera larger.

While the flip-up door on the film Ms stuck out it was somehow better integrated.