Camera shop @ Hongkong? (again)

itoncool

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm planning to go to Hongkong for a week, it's not a business trip so I will be having plenty of time for sightseeing and shopping. Yes, this is not my first time to Hongkong, I've been there and had spend a lot in Camera Equipment but never Leica.

My wife knows that my purpose is very clear, spend some at the Camera Shops there. :D

My primary plan are getting a 2nd hand Leica lens, (already have 35 Cron & 75 Cron) since I couldn't find any 2nd hand leica in good condition here. (and maybe some SLR glasses).

Then to find camera bag(s), because very limited option are sold here.

Maybe you are getting bored with this kind of question, but could you please help me with pointing out which shop is best for something? Or which shop is best to find a 2nd hand Leica lens? and which shop is best for camera accessories? etc.

Thanks in advance.. :)

Tin Cheung is a great option for new equipment and they also have a reasonable selection of used. They are an official Leica dealer and as noted they do Artist and Artisan and Billingham. Their prices on new equipment are unbeatable in my experience.

If you continue up Carnavon Street towards Kimberley road on the same side, there are a lot of second hand camera shops further up. David Chan has a simply enormous range of used Leica and most of the others have a decent selection as well. There is also a huge second hand shop in the foyer of the Kimberley Hotel.

For used, I can also recommend Matsuya Camera and Video Center which is on the ground floor of Tsim Tsa Tsui Mansion 83-97 Nathan Rd, Kowloon. There is also another store on the ground floor of the same building that has a well priced selection of used Leica. Last time I was there, they were doing M7 bodies for about EUR1000 and they even had a used Nocti and an original MP with Leicavit. Otherwise, steer well clear of Nathan Road.

G.

gylee do you know how much the noctilux was? :)

thanks for any info

Inclusive or exclusive of the legal fees for the divorce? :)

It was in the window, I didn't ask lest temptation overcome me.

The original MP with Leicavit was HK$32,000 which struck me as pretty reasonable.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

I thank you guys once again, I've got what I was looking for from HK, more than what I've had expected.

I had very limited time for myself in HK, because I traveled in group (and with my 1.5 years old daughter), so not really had time to run from the group plans, I could only manage to go to Wing Hing Camera in Mongkok and Tin Cheung in TST, Tin Cheung is a great camera shop, I bought some stuff from there, and to me the price was excellent. I'm surely going back to that store again on the next visit to HK.

I spent a lot at TC, and could be worse if I have more time or more days :D