Should I get Leica MP or M11-P or 35mm Summilux FLE II or 35mm APO?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Tip #2: Spend the money for the bucket list trip of a lifetime. Take your existing gear.

Just need more vacation days. Haha!

9 hours ago, hansvons said:

Speaking of shelling out money. Do you own a printer? I recently bought a Canon 44" fine art printer, the latest model, which I believe will serve me well for the next decade. This beast is as giant as a piano. It can produce insanely large images in breathtaking quality if you know how to do it. Printing has a learning curve that will take time and cause frustration in the beginning. But when you get the hang of it, it will be more rewarding than anything else in the world of photography devices. And it costs less than the Noctilux. 

All I need for my photography:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hahaha! You forgot the most important part: you will need to buy a big house to keep the printer. 

5 hours ago, Smudgerer said:

A perfect "why don't you do this" guide............I'd just add one thing, search for and take one or some Photographic workshops, you could be surprised at the benefits if you choose well, even a negative experience can be positive if you understand why it didn't work for you. I have been making my living behind one camera or another since the mid 1960's, fashion, journals, editorial work then moving countries I spent decades in cinema / documentary TV series film-making mostly with film then later with digital, ( disliked digital work-flow! ), but a few years ago I knew I had to re-set creatively and try to go to work for my own aspirations again rather than a client's demands........So after some research I found a workshop at Les Rencontres de la Photographie d'Arles that I thought would help nudge me out of my "commercial rut" and since then I've taken the same workshop with the same "mentor" every year and yes it helped me re-set and recover the eye I was missing...............That, in my opinion, and printing your own work is the best way to round out and perhaps grow your photography, you'll still spend money of course, but more productively than accumulating "stuff".

Thanks for the suggestions on the workshop! I also found going to free (or donation based) meet-up group very helpful in the past! I will look out for both!

9 hours ago, jgeenen said:

As you wrote: you want to celebrate something - so do yourself a favour and get something that has value and keeps value. On your bucket list the most eternal item seems to be the Apo-Summicron 35mm. Yes, you do have lots of 35mm lenses, and yes, the Voigtländer APO is cheaper and optically comparable - but would it have the same value  (and feel) in your hands? 

Yes, this is the reason why I had the APO on the list.