Leica 35mm APO Summicron M

brickftl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don‘t understand why you think this lens has no character. Character is the way it renders and i love it. It has its own signature like any other lens. Just not as swirly or playful such as a noctilux.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RMF said:

The APO 35 is also almost nearly permanently mounted to my M11. Yes, it’s without any really character but that why I like about it is it doesn’t make any real lens statement; it has knife edge sharpness from corner to corner and mild simple ‘if not boring’ bokeh. Love this lens, the size and weight, compactness, the protective qualities of the factory hood, and the overall build quality.  Sample shot around/4 ish’ (unprocessed but a little magenta..thanks M11 😄)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The APO Summicron-M 35mm ASPH does have “character,” as my eyes see it. Different character, than other lenses, of course, especially vintage lenses; certainly far different than the Summicron v.4 “KOB,” for example, or what any of the Summilux lenses would render, but, my eyes and brain see character. If I could afford the ~$9K US price, I would buy an APO ‘Cron 35, but, that remains at the fantasy level, for the foreseeable future, unless I raid my tax-deferred retirement savings, which would mean withdrawing a couple of extra thousand bucks for the tax man. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RexGig0 said:

, but, that remains at the fantasy level, for the foreseeable future, unless I raid my tax-deferred retirement savings, which would mean withdrawing a couple of extra thousand bucks for the tax man. 

Assume this is not serious, but of course nobody without financial security should ever do that for camera gear, or for any discretionary expense, IMO.

Jeff

• Thanks 1