SL3 with Fotos and GPS

AnnieP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I took my new SL3 for its first outing today. I love the camera, but am having a bit of an issue with FOTOS and GPS. FOTOS recognizes the camera, I opened the app and it connects to the camera. The whole day I left the app running. I just got home and checked the GPS info on my pics. Good news is, all pics have GPS info. Bad news is, they ALL have the location of the FIRST picture taken. 

Do I have to close the app and restart it at each new location? Why doesn't it update? I'm a bit confused as to the proper procedure here.

Many thanks for any insight.

Posted (edited)

I changed the setting to "always" and it makes no difference. The first location is used for all subsequent pics. I can't upload a screenshot of my FOTOS settings, but they are:

Location -> Always

Photos -> Limited Access

Bluetooth, Local Network and Cellular Data are turned.

I also have a Sony camera and use the Sony app for GPS. The settings in the Leica app match the Sony. And the Sony does what I want the Leica app to do: change location when the camera moves. With the Sony, if I even move a couple of feet, it is reflected in the GPS data.

I really need to get this figured out. Any other suggestions?? 

Again, many thanks.

Edited by AnnieP
remove photo that won't show.

Finally, the FOTOS app can work well.  (It has done for a week or two with me, after failing, initially, partly because the fancy Leica cable didn't work with my iPhone in its case to get things set up.)