SL3-P without video and / or SL3-P monochrome

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I want to start with - I love my SL2-s body. It is wonderful BUT - I too would like a - photo only - SL camera body. Cut some weight, lose some heat - possibly a few others. I don't really need a Swiss Army knife camera. Again I love my SL2-s but I don't use many of it's capabilities - only photo. Keep it simple - -Just a different point of view. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, OR120 said:

I want to start with - I love my SL2-s body. It is wonderful BUT - I too would like a - photo only - SL camera body. Cut some weight, lose some heat - possibly a few others. I don't really need a Swiss Army knife camera. Again I love my SL2-s but I don't use many of it's capabilities - only photo. Keep it simple - -Just a different point of view. 

There would be no weight cut nor much difference in heat generation. The EVF and LCD need the video feed. It would be a purely cosmetic operation. Remove the button and HDMI and cover the mics. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

Or understand the point - but just disagree with you. 

The point is that Leica decides. If they see a feasible market they might comply, but unfortunately the launch of such a camera would pop a few champagne corks - in Sony’s board room. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LeicaR10 said:

Rob Cale,   I sent you a PM on how and who to email at Leica to submit your excellent idea.  There are a lot of SL photographers who do not want/need video and simply would like a photography only SLX camera.  Writing to Leica stating your idea(s) does work.  This is how video was finally stripped from the M camera.  IMO, if Leica wants to make video SLX cameras...great, just make it a SL video camera that excels at creating video.  In the meantime, Leica should make a photograph only SL3 or SLX.   r/ Mark

Yes to NO VIDEO!!!

• Like 2

That is exactly what would happen. Probably reassign the video button to avoid retooling costs. Suggestion: DIY by sticking gaffer tape over the video button Instant photographic purity at no cost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

That is exactly what would happen. Probably reassign the video button to avoid retooling costs. Suggestion: DIY by sticking gaffer tape over the video button Instant photographic purity at no cost. 

I already gaffered the red dot and white inscription on the SL2. Now I have to gaffer the buttons as well. As Leica decided to leave out the charger from the box, may be they can include a roll of gaffer tape in the box?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Since I can see how we are all on the same page now with camera design---------------------------------------------- I would also like to fix/replace/repair, Leica Repair Services. Since we (Leica) is now swimming in profits, sink a very, very large chunk of money into Leica Repair Service. Hire more, fix problems correctly and drastically reduce turnaround time for repairs. But, I guess I must stay on topic. Sorry I was distracted. That way they can keep my new SL3-P (with no video) running properly.

Edited by OR120
sp
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OR120 said:

Since I can see how we are all on the same page now with camera design---------------------------------------------- I would also like to fix/replace/repair, Leica Repair Services. Since we (Leica) is now swimming in profits, sink a very, very large chunk of money into Leica Repair Service. Hire more, fix problems correctly and drastically reduce turnaround time for repairs. But, I guess I must stay on topic. Sorry I was distracted.

Please stay on topic and list something that doesn’t make sense to remove so the camera price can skyrocket to 19.000€

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How about a brick looking like an SL3 Mono with nothing inside or wait how about two for use as bookends. Wait who reads paper books anymore? Might not sell well as too many ebooks.

Edited by algrove