Adobe PS …

No need to go to elaborate lengths. Just cancel your present subscription, uninstall PS from your computer  and create a new subscription. If you want to keep your data, download your cloud content first.

However if is is a simple problem with PS itself just uninstall and reinstall from Creative Cloud and change your password. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 250swb said:

It would help if we knew what the problem was, is it performance or a bug or are you trying to create a standalone version of Photoshop?

3 hours ago, jaapv said:

No need to go to elaborate lengths. Just cancel your present subscription, uninstall PS from your computer  and create a new subscription. If you want to keep your data, download your cloud content first.

However if is is a simple problem with PS itself just uninstall and reinstall from Creative Cloud and change your password. 

Jaap, thank you very much for your helpful response. 
First, my AI turned to gray and stopped functioning. I tried to get help from Adobe, but they were very unhelpful and passed me to three different agents without ever calling me!

Then, I was asked to change my password!

I changed it, but my problem was not fixed; and now, my LRC is asking for a new password, etc…

I am trying to get help from Adobe, but I can’t get farther than their virtual “help” that keeps asking me the same question over and over again.

Adobe cloud desktop has become very frustrating and I think my only solution is to end the Cloud and to reinstall it again , which would be a pain in the a…. with my setting up again, plug-ins, etc….

Check the handling of RAM by your computer . The absolute minimum for handling AI, especially with large files is 12GB free ( unless you have a Silicon Mac, that works differently). Next you need plenty of space on your scratch disk. I seem to recall that you have a high-MP camera. Your computer may no longer be able to handle the demands asked of it. 
If that is not working deinstall Photoshop “officially” keeping your settings and reinstall from your Creative Cloud app. If that does not work deinstall PS completely and your Creative Cloud App using Adobe’s uninstall and install both again from Adobe’s website.  That should get you up and running. 
It is highly unlikely that your cloud storage is corrupted. But it may be full. Check. 

just occurred to me: if you are on Mac try restoring from Time Machine at a date that everything was working properly. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

With disappearing AI I think the OP should read my comment in the other thread about Generative Ai and which version of Photoshop is being loaded. It needs to be 25.0 or higher, but it may just be he's loading an earlier version without realising it.

1 hour ago, 250swb said:

With disappearing AI I think the OP should read my comment in the other thread about Generative Ai and which version of Photoshop is being loaded. It needs to be 25.0 or higher, but it may just be he's loading an earlier version without realising it.

I always updated it and have the latest version. I think my only solution is to re-install everything! Thank you for your help.

56 minutes ago, Louis said:

I always updated it and have the latest version. I think my only solution is to re-install everything! Thank you for your help.

I always update but my point was maybe a bug or something was making an earlier version open so Generative fill unexpectedly didn't work, you only find out by looking at the serial number.

Thank you everyone for your kind feedback. I finally could find someone to get on my computer and fix the issues after about 3 hours. The ,ost painful part was to make the settings in my PS that I could not remember fully as I have been using this program for over 20 years! 😅

Your inputs were most appreciated.

1 minute ago, erudolph said:

What was the problem?

It seems, the main problem was the email ID. As I have been using Adobe for many years, they had few email IDs from me and their program didn't know which was the correct one. As I had to uninstall, then reinstall my photoshop, nothing was working! One of their technicians finally went through my computer and after few hours, could notice the problem and make the fixes! I just used my PS and Lrc, they both seem to work. As long as they keep working correctly! 👍😅

For few days, I had very bad experiences with Adobe help and the agents were not very helpful. Their virtual "help" is also really worthless and I hope they would make some fixes in that area!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1