Disney World M11 kit

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I did search prior to posting, I have a concern that I didn’t see brought up!

tl;dr : can I safely bring a 1 or 2 lens M11 kit to Disney World and have it on my body the whole time?

I am bringing my 3 year old daughter to Disney World next week and having high-quality photos for albums/print is very important to me, so I’d rather avoid just using a phone. I am a single father however, and I will have no help holding bags/strollers while enjoying the park with my little one—should I avoid bringing a camera system for this reason? Or would it be relatively easy to have the camera with me during rides/the day? She is too teeny to ride the bigger rides.

For those curious, I am bringing my M11, a 28 Nokton, a 15mm f/2 Laowa, and a DJI Pocket 3 but may just bring the M11 kit for Disney. (I will be leaving my 35Lux FLE and 135 Elmar at home for this trip 😅)

I am also bringing her to Universal Studios the following day so if anyone has any experience bringing an M kit there specifically I’d appreciate it, as I think I might just leave it at the hotel for that park! 

For Disney World, I advise you stick to one body one lens for the convenience of a small camera bag so that you can wear the camera bag on your shoulder on the rides (not the fast ones, the slow ones suitable for your child). They allow you to do that. There’s rarely a shelf or locker that I can remember and you wouldn’t want to leave your M11 behind in the stroller. Some of my favorite shots were of my daughters taken while on these rides.

I’ve been to Disney World twice now with an M camera and don’t let anyone convince you otherwise that it is not a good idea. The first time was with an M10P and 35 Lux FLE and the second time was with an M11P and 35 Steel Rim re-issue. I also have the 28 Nokton and I suspect that would be perfect for intimate shots especially if you’re sitting next to your child on a ride. Enjoy.

I'm taking my small son and daughter to Disney World in a few months' time (along with my wife and mother in law), and I'm going to take the one lens, one camera approach as well. The camera will be an M10-R, and then the lens will either be my 35 Steel Rim Reissue or my 28 Cron or Elmarit. I'm not sure which one just yet; I'm leaning toward one of the 28s. I can't figure out whether f/2 will be useful, as opposed to f/2.8.

It is so tempting to bring more—for example, I also have an Osmo Pocket 3—but maybe I'll save the gear experimentation for next year, if we go back.

Posted (edited)

The 28mm is plenty and everything you need. No need for 15mm or long lenses.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Al Brown

Reading the title, I thought Leica brought out a disney edition like with the Q. Silly me.

For any such kind of outing, I would only take one lens with me, you don’t want to spend time fiddling with changing lenses and so, but to enjoy the moment while capturing the memories…

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you must take a camera as a single parent, my recommendation is to take one lens or preferably a ‘phone. I cannot think of anything worse than losing sight of one’s daughter due to concentrating on a camera or photograph.

• Like 1