Leica Pre-owned Q2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m looking for a used Q2. I can afford the Q3 but has decided not to jumped into it as I’m not prepared to pay for the high price. Our Singapore Leica is having the sales of pre-owned Q2 at the cost of about USD 4.3K. It comes with complete set and 1 year warranty, but their year of manufacture could be from 2019-2021.

I compare with some local owners who are selling at around USD 3.9K, with remaining warranty of 9 months. So this means that the year of manufacture is in 2021.

Which is a better buy?

12 minutes ago, jaapv said:

That is the usual margin between a private sale and a dealer sale. A shop needs to make a profit. It is up to you what you prefer. 

Thank you for your reply. My other question is that in terms of the camera body, are there any concerns for one which is say 3 year old compare with 1 year. Psychologically we would prefer a newer set.

14 hours ago, Blueblood said:

I’m looking for a used Q2. I can afford the Q3 but has decided not to jumped into it as I’m not prepared to pay for the high price. Our Singapore Leica is having the sales of pre-owned Q2 at the cost of about USD 4.3K. It comes with complete set and 1 year warranty, but their year of manufacture could be from 2019-2021.

I compare with some local owners who are selling at around USD 3.9K, with remaining warranty of 9 months. So this means that the year of manufacture is in 2021.

Which is a better buy?

I agree with comments about store vs. private purchase. However, try checking the sold prices on eBay. I check eBay regularly for sold prices not list prices. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=leica+q2+sold+price&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_svsrch=1

I would say the Singapore prices are OK. Take a look. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

$4.3K for a Q2 is a bad deal. You can get a Q3, use it for 2 years and it would probably still be worth more than 4.3K. I wouldn’t pay more than 3.5K for a Q2 in Mint condition. Date of manufacture shouldn’t matter. What matters is how much the camera was actually used. A lot of people buy these post a picture of it to be part of the club and then the camera just sits there in a fancy bag, barely used. Others are daily drivers and see lots of use. If your only choice is between those two go for the 3.9K. If the camera has a defect it usually shows up by this point so I wouldn’t be worried about warranty for a older camera. Unless it was someone who never really used it, then I would be more warranty heavy. I know that might sound like the opposite but think about it, if the camera is barely used then they wouldn’t have any issues or there would be less chance of them finding a problem etc.

let us know what you decide:)

Edited by Miltz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Miltz said:

$4.3K for a Q2 is a bad deal. You can get a Q3, use it for 2 years and it would probably still be worth more than 4.3K. I wouldn’t pay more than 3.5K for a Q2 in Mint condition. Date of manufacture shouldn’t matter. What matters is how much the camera was actually used. A lot of people buy these post a picture of it to be part of the club and then the camera just sits there in a fancy bag, barely used. Others are daily drivers and see lots of use. If your only choice is between those two go for the 3.9K. If the camera has a defect it usually shows up by this point so I wouldn’t be worried about warranty for a older camera. Unless it was someone who never really used it, then I would be more warranty heavy. I know that might sound like the opposite but think about it, if the camera is barely used then they wouldn’t have any issues or there would be less chance of them finding a problem etc.

I get your drift...

But paying only $400 extra (10%) for 3 months extra warranty and unused battery + unused and really mint camera is also attractive. I would go at either a local user condition Q2 at a lower price 3.5K or less or go for the new one.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:38 PM, Miltz said:

I’ve got a Q3 of 5 months usage, at 5.5K with a Leica half case, and having a remaining warranty of 2.5 years. I think it is a good buy. If I don’t like it, I can always sell it.

• Like 1