Voigtlander NOKTON 28mm F1.5 for Leica M Mount: Images, Specs, Press Release

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Voigtlaender presents the Voigtlaender NOKTON 28mm 1:1.5 for Leica M mount, a fast wide-angle lens for the Leica M bayonet.

It is available in two versions (aluminum and brass), each with a black and silver finish. The Voigtlaender NOKTON 28mm 1:1.5 will be available from authorized Voigtländer dealers at the end of January 2024, priced at €1049 (aluminium) and €1149 (brass).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

NOKTON Vintage Line 28mm F1.5 Aspherical VM Type I/Type II

High-performance large-aperture interchangeable wide-angle lens with a classical appearance for VM mount rangefinder cameras

The NOKTON Vintage Line 28mm F1.5 Aspherical, an interchangeable lens designed exclusively for full-frame VM mount cameras under the Voigtländer brand.

Main features:

• Retro “look” and styling
  • Double-sided aspheric lenses for excellent optical performance
  • Highly rigid and durable all-metal lens barrel
  • Manual focus for reliable focusing
  • Bayonet type VM mount
  • High-precision rangefinder linkage mechanism
  • Minimum focusing distance of 0.5m
  • Beautiful bokeh with 12 aperture blades

The Vintage Line currently consists of seven lenses, three having the F1.5 specification: 35mm, 50mm, and 75mm lenses. We now add a 28mm f1.5 Aspherical lens to this line up.

The NOKTON Vintage Line 28mm F1.5 Aspherical is a wide-angle lens that combines three elements: a large aperture, compact dimensions, and outstanding optical performance. The lens is F1.5, very fast for a 28mm wide-angle lens, with compact 43mm filter diameter and 45.5mm length for portability.

The classically designed lens barrel is equipped with an 8-group, 10-element optical system featuring two aspherical lens elements on both sides. This delivers outstanding optical performance even at an aperture of f/1.5.

The minimum focusing distance is 0.5m by the use of a helicoid that can be moved out further from the 0.7m distance (depending on the camera) linked to the rangefinder.

Two different styles will be offered: The Type I is made of aluminum and weighs 250g. The Type II is made of brass and has a tactile quality due to its hefty weight of 330g. The Type I styling is reminiscent of modern classic lenses of the 1970s in matte black paint or silver, while the Type II, reminds us of the famous lenses of the 1960s and is available in both black paint and silver finishes. The optional lens hood with slits, LH-6 fits both Type I and Type II styles.

In addition to this, the Type II includes a focusing knob that offers a new manual focusing experience. The accessory knob can be exchanged on the focusing lever by unscrewing the screw in the finger recess and reattaching with new knob. The focusing knob is metal and focuses the lens at approximately 1 meter from the lens mount when turned to the 6 o'clock position, allowing the user to zone focus by the angle of the knob.

The optical design of this lens is optimized for use with rangefinder-coupled digital and film cameras. It also may be used on mirrorless cameras through the use of a mount adapter, making it suitable for use on a variety of platforms beyond rangefinder cameras.

Product Name NOKTON Vintage Line 28mm F1.5 Aspherical VM (Type I/II)
Focal Length 28mm
Maximum Aperture F1.5
Minimum Aperture Lens F16
Construction 10 Elements in 8 Groups
Angle of View 74.5°
Aperture Blades 12
Minimum Focus 0.5m
Range Finder Coupling ∞~0.7m (depends on camera body used)
Maximum Diameter Ø 54mm
Maximum Length 45.5mm
Filter Size Ø 43mm
Weight 250g (Type I), 330g (Type II)
Supplied Accessory Front Cap, Rear Cap
Optional Accessory Lens Hood (LH-6)
Others Type I available in Silver or Matte Black paint
  Type II available in Silver or Black paint
  Type II includes metal focus lever and screw
  • Like 1