Shooting low to the ground

osroubek

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m sure people are aware of this method but I finally tried it for the first time. I attached my M11-P to a monopod, pre focused, and then inverted it upside down holding the camera close to the ground and using the Fotos app to adjust the orientation and also see the image in the correct orientation and then take the exposure. To get just a few inches off the ground with a flippy screen you would still have to crouch very low or sit on the ground. This seems like a good alternative with no strain on the back, but an extra piece of gear is needed. Carrying the camera over the shoulder though is not too bad for a short excursion.
Taken with 35/1.4 Summilux

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by osroubek
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cronilux said:

Usually, using live view in such a case is sufficient enough. 

+1 but i had to get down on one knee here. Ouch my arthrosis (M11 + Skopar 21/4).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

I have a small, light Gitzo monopod that has a strap with a clip on it so easy to attach to a belt when not using. I’ve never tried this method but will give it a go. I also have the Leitz mini tripod so I suppose that or any other small tripod would do the trick but it would probably need me to bend over for longer to adjust angle of view and then lift it up while finished. 

• 2 weeks later...