2024 Spring Shoot in Nashville

RayD28

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I may attend the event since it's near a relative that I want to see.  The event description does not include an agenda and the participating hotel and location of closing banquet is absent.  Does one have to register to get an agenda and the banquet location?   

The website has a list of speakers and some of the agenda items and the hotel is the AC (Marriott), which is where the meetings and banquet

• Like 1

Thanks, @AlanJW  Any idea when a complete agenda will be available?  Also, does registration include the banquet's cost?  I've never attended an event and since I'm combining this with a family trip I need to coordinate schedules.  Thanks for your help.  

1 hour ago, RayD28 said:

Thanks, @AlanJW  Any idea when a complete agenda will be available?  Also, does registration include the banquet's cost?  I've never attended an event and since I'm combining this with a family trip I need to coordinate schedules.  Thanks for your help.  

I'm not involved with the meeting planning.  Ask the admin on the LSI site about agenda.  The banquet is an extra, above registration.

The LSI meetings are worthwhile IMHO and compared to commercial seminars, a huge bargain too.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RayD28 said:

@AlanJW Emailed Admin after you replied and they said they were waiting for some confirmations.  I checked the LSI site today and it's sold out.  

I also was very frustrated by the lack of information on the speakers as well as the information in general. The cost for the banquet at $90.00 without any further information on it was a huge negative for me. I'm a charter sustaining member so I am supportive of the group, but the planning for this event was very weak. Further I wonder why it was sold out. All they need is to add chairs, unless the venue was very small. 

• Like 1

So glad that everyone is leaving notes here! 

The Nashville event was opened just before the end of January.  If you do not get the emails, then I suggest you look for them in spam and be sure your email address is current with your membership.

We plan the venue almost a year in advance based on attendance at prior events. This year we sold the expected number of seats in 2 1/2 weeks, so we worked with the venue and arranged to add more seats and continued taking reservations.  We also sold out of the block of hotel rooms at an attractive price and obtained another block of rooms to continue to be able to add additional members.  We sent information through our email newsletter and I put a note out on our WhatsApp announcement February 16 that we were almost sold out (again).

As a good group of members signed up on the waiting list, we asked the venue for their larger room so that we could add even more capacity, but that room was already booked.

We have been lucky enough to continue adding speakers and have updated the speaker list as photographers are confirmed.  We have a significantly higher participation level for this event than we have had in the past. As a result, we are looking at space requirements for the fall to see about adding sufficient room now to hopefully allow members to sign up given the higher demand we are now seeing.

If you are a sustaining member, you are guaranteed a seat at the event, so reach out to our executive director and he can work with you.  This is an important benefit of being a sustaining member. 

I hope this helps answer some of the questions here!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

David,

it was a pleasure meeting you at the event. I’m glad I got in before it was sold out.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!