LEICA UNIVERSAL VIEW FINDER - A QUESTON ABOUT A FUNCTION

COBACHOTIX

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, hope that someone can help me with this. I have just purchased a universal viewfinder 16-18-21mm from LEICA. The product is great. However, there is a possible function which I can not find in the instructions manual but which fascinates me. It is a small hole on the top of the viewfinder. This seems to give light to the front side where the eye will go. However, when looking inside you find also a sort of circle similar to those used in a level system, but not sure actually this is the function (as it does not really seem to work as a level). So as this is not mentioned in the instructions manual, I wonder if there may be someone who knows what this hole is for and/or what the function of the small circle when looking through the viewfinder (on the lower side of the image through the viewfinder) may be. I attach a picture where you can see the hole which is on the top part of the instrument. Thank you!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor 14 Stunden schrieb UliWer:

If you don't cover the "hole" you should see a circle below the viewfinder frame and a level inside this circle. It disappears if you cover the white spot (the "hole") on the top.

Thank you for the information, that is very helpful too.