Occasional unreadable dng

Eesand

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Corrupt DNGs started happening to me with the new firmware 2.0.1 (total of 2 corrupt DNGs so far). Before that I can't think of a single time this happened to me on the M11. I'm using Lexar 300mb/s UHS II cards. It's definitely a new firmware bug. Also there is another interesting bug where the frame lines turn red as I tilt the camera (left and right sides). That bug (future feature?) has happened to me twice now and it's clearly linked to the level gauge. Safe to say 2.0.1 has bugs... I'm looking forward to 2.1.0.

• Like 1

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

it happened again !the camera produced the first DNG which is not recognized by the computer, but the JPG file is normal

This is my M11-P just purchased several days before!

35 minutes ago, hjddd said:

it happened again !the camera produced the first DNG which is not recognized by the computer, but the JPG file is normal

This is my M11-P just purchased several days before!

I highly recommend you send a message to customer care. I’m waiting to hear back from them and most likely they will have a new firmware soon. At least I hope so. To me it sounds like they rushed the v2.0.1 firmware without much testing. I assume due to the launch of the M11-P.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crem said:

我强烈建议您向客户服务部发送消息。我正在等待他们的回复,很可能他们很快就会有新的固件。至少我希望如此。在我看来,他们似乎在没有进行太多测试的情况下就匆忙推出了 v2.0.1 固件。我猜是因为 M11-P 的推出。

I have contact them before for the hood issue of new steel rim 11301, unfortunately no one replied……I hope the forum administrator will see this thread and find one way out……

7 minutes ago, hjddd said:

I have contact them before for the hood issue of new steel rim 11301, unfortunately no one replied……I hope the forum administrator will see this thread and find one way out……

I will send you the email addresses I use in case you have the wrong email. I've always gotten a reply so I'm surprised you haven't. I did the same with my steel rim reissue and everything got resolved.

• Like 1

it happened again 。 Broken DNG with normal file size 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

same issue here. I thought I had this happen a few times on the last firmware as well but cannot verify. It has definitely happened about 10 times on the newest firmware. I'm also using a San Disk UHS-II SD card (128gb). I had noticed that it was always the first time I pushed playback when first turning on the camera, but I hadn't correlated it being me pushing playback too soon or while it was still loading. On a trip now w/o my M11 and cannot verify. 

This is all sorta frustrating. I just became more active in reading through this forum about 3 days ago and I'm seeing all of my own problems with the camera echo'd by a lot of different people. I don't want to be a Debbie-downer-hater-type, but this whole experience truly does seem way more buggy than any of the other cameras I've ever owned in the past. 

Edited by mattcheol
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, hjddd said:

it happened again 。 Broken DNG with normal file size 

Just had that too, That Sandisk card is going right into the trash!

Never happened on the other cards!

• Like 1

Still, when looking for the cause of a problem like this, the SD card should always be the first suspect. Just a thought: If a broken DNG gets run through Adobe’s DNG converter, does it become readable?  Otherwise try renaming the file .tif and then converting it to DNG 

3 hours ago, jaapv said:

尽管如此,在寻找此类问题的原因时,SD 卡始终应该是第一个嫌疑对象。想一想:如果损坏的 DNG 通过 Adobe 的 DNG 转换器运行,它会变得可读吗?否则,请尝试将文件重命名为 .tif,然后将其转换为 DNG 

Just tried, it can not be read neither with TIF or any transferred 

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

Still, when looking for the cause of a problem like this, the SD card should always be the first suspect. Just a thought: If a broken DNG gets run through Adobe’s DNG converter, does it become readable?  Otherwise try renaming the file .tif and then converting it to DNG 

I agree the SD card is the first thing I thought, but I went from zero corrupt files to around five total since updating to v2.0.1. I’ll try your ideas the next time it happens. 

I reported three bugs to Leica in v2.0.1 and today they wrote me back confirming they are working on a new firmware version. 

Edited by Crem
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:15 AM, lct said:

Been using 3 Sandisk cards with the M11 (detail below).
No problem under firmwares 1.6.1 and 2.0.1 so far.
All my cards are formatted with SD Card Formatter though.
UHS1 Sandisk Extreme Pro 95mb/s (64gb)
UHS1 Sandisk Extreme Pro 170mb/s (256gb)
UHS2 Sandisk Extreme Pro 300mb/s (64gb)

Did you format them with SD Card Formatter then format in camera too? 

just trying to figure out best case

36 minutes ago, Crem said:

I agree the SD card is the first thing I thought, but I went from zero corrupt files to around five total since updating to v2.0.1. I’ll try your ideas the next time it happens. 

I reported three bugs to Leica in v2.0.1 and today they wrote me back confirming they are working on a new firmware version. 

Brilliant. I hope this firm are is soon.

i too have had this issue with my M11-P. But usually with a write error or freeze. Even pulled the card and changed from Lexar (from my M10-R) to San Disk.  

There are other issues, like lens profiles switching around and other stuff I have maybe figured out.

Also the geotagging Fotos glitch where it had a spinning wheel and was looking for my iPhone with a Wi-Fi icon (I simply turned off Fotos if I am not using it, which if I remember correctly was the default for the M10 series). Also the lag when shooting fast even at S resolution is a pain, for this I will simply switch to my M10M or SL2-S for now… but it’s a pain as I could shoot much faster with a smaller buffer with the M10-R.

Man, I do not like paying to beta test this shit. The Akadamie folks beta test and others. Maybe it’s impossible, but the software engineers need to be more with it.