Jump to content

M10 R occasional images are corrupt


Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone had issues with their image files like this? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are they, the two SD cards ?

As JD wrote, for me also SD card .

Try this : buy another new reputed brand SD or SDHC, format in computer to see if everything is correct,

use the formated card in the M, then if there is always the problem, see with Leica Services.

Edited by a.noctilux
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been plagued with corrupt files like this in the past, most always when using Lexar SD cards.  It was not an occasional file - if I made 150-175 images, usually 25-35 would be corrupt files.  Apparently my M-P 240 doesn't like Lexar  cards.

Nowadays, I will only use SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC cards in my M-P 240, M10 Mono and Q2.  Once in a while I will get a few corrupt files - as in maybe 5 out of a shoot of 300 images.  I do not know why this still happens, but it is a VAST improvement over the living hell that Lexar cards caused.

I used the SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC cards recently to make 3680 images from 10 different concerts of a music festival over a three day period and had zero corrupt files. 

Moral of the story:  Avoid Lexar memory cards like a vampire avoids the beach on a sunny day.

Edited by Herr Barnack
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had the same.

It happened when I connected an SD card reader to my Ipad, as a method to store images while on vacation. The loading went so slow (not always) so I disconnected the card after about 15 minutes. I saw some files were bad copied. When I imported the same file later in LR Mobile, that went well.

  • It was not a card issue.

After that mistreatment I selected smaller batches for transfer  and let them finish.

All images that were 'in transit' - several files are copied at the same time  by the file management system - were concatenated. So about 10 of the 200 images were damaged. Some had a band, and looked like a barber shop sign like your third, one had a grey band.

I got some pretty abstract works this way. Some I recovered after I saw it - by copying those files again. It circumstantial was with a Lexar card. But that is not the culprit.

The next I added a NIK-polaroid effect because it fitted so well, it now looks like a failed Polaroid development. Imagine. My own abstract expressionism generator. [When at school, I 'painted' like this a few times.]

 

Edited by Alberti
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello- Thank you for responding.  Did you see banding issues and the corruption also on your  Leica camera LCD screen ?  What is strange is most I also saw in the camera on the LCD screen, and them more showed up when transferred card to LR.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 2 Stunden schrieb bellaluca:

Hello- Thank you for responding.  Did you see banding issues and the corruption also on your  Leica camera LCD screen ?  What is strange is most I also saw in the camera on the LCD screen, and them more showed up when transferred card to LR.  

Some weeks ago I saw similarly corrupted photos after copying to my computer.

However, on the screen of the camera all photos were looking fine.

I thus copied a second time and had no issues. Seemed to be an issue of the process of copying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...