New SL2 - what M lens?

gazza19

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I like the 50/1.4 ASPH on the SL2 as an everyday lens. I also like the 50 APO on it for extreme details. But I feel the 50/1.4 is the great all-round compact lens with an exciting look and bokeh. I must admit the AF lenses, thought great, does't excite me that much. But they do make it very easy. For studio work, I love them, for street, not so much. 

50/1.4 on SL2:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, theseahawk said:

WATE ?

Of course, using the WATE works with the SL2. I happen to have that lens and prefer to use it with my M-P(240) and EVF2 – focus with the rangefinder, view with the EVF2. The apparent dof of that lens, even at f/4, is so wide as to make focusing on a specific area imprecise even with a 10 times zoom.

3 hours ago, Jean-Michel said:

Of course, using the WATE works with the SL2. I happen to have that lens and prefer to use it with my M-P(240) and EVF2 – focus with the rangefinder, view with the EVF2. The apparent dof of that lens, even at f/4, is so wide as to make focusing on a specific area imprecise even with a 10 times zoom.

what does WATE stand for?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

21 or 24mm Elmar for street shooting. 50lux for general purpose. 75lux for that special portrait. As an aside the only reason I have kept my 0.95 Nocti is it is perfectly balanced on an SL2 and much easier to get the focus spot on - same as the 135mm APO M. 

That is all leaving 'debates' about L v M aside and not mentioning any of the L  mount APO lenses I prefer to use - when I am not walking around and therefore don't have to concern myself with weight size.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:16 AM, gazza19 said:

I’ve been using my 50mm Summilux which I may keep as I do like that lens, but was exploring finding something smaller.

OP If you're dying to spend money get a 28/5.6 and put it one f8  or 5.6 and everything will be in focus including the grandkids. Now if you're in Gaza-get out and then get an SL2S reporter for tough days.

• 1 month later...