LR Classic 13.0.1 Update Crashes

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is what worked for me:

1) An uninstall of the failed 13.0.1 via Creative Cloud App. (Keep preferences)
Check in your applications folder that the Lightroom Classic folder is indeed gone. (this wasn't the case for me on my first attempt)

2) Quit Creative Cloud

3) Restart Mac.

4) Install Lightroom Classic. Do not open LR Classic yet!

5) Quit Creative Cloud

6) Restart Mac.

7) Open Lightroom 13.0.1

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any new findings here? I am sill on Ventura and did not update Lightroom Classic after the crash with 13.0

When I go to the Adobe site then I can't find anything about the crashes. Can that really be? Does Adobe suppress problems? I wonder what computers are affected. I will wait with Sonoma and with Lightroom Update as well until I read more about hiw to proceed.

The current Lightroom Classic is 13.0.1.  Have you contacted Adobe support?  I have found them to be very helpful.  I don't think Adobe suppresses problems.

I use a Mac M2 Max Studio 64 GB of RAM with Ventura 13.5.2.  Although I primarily use Bridge / ACR / Photoshop, Lightroom Classic seems to work normally.   I will wait until 2024 before installing Sonoma.

Am 29.10.2023 um 12:25 schrieb zeitz:

I will wait until 2024 before installing Sonoma.

Well, just this makes less sense as there are no issues reported with Sonoma and Lightroom Classic whatever version. So I decided to go for Sonoma now. And it works fine. All applications as well, incl. Lightroom Classic 12.5. I will leave it like that and wait for the next LR update. And still you can read absolutely nothing about problems on the Adobe site. That is what I consider not acceptable. It's not the point if the support helps or not. If LR crashes it crashes. That has nothing to do with good or bad support. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 1:46 PM, M11 for me said:

just this makes less sense as there are no issues reported with Sonoma

For an old OSX / macOS user like me it makes a lot of sense to not be a first adopter for any new operating system.  One reason is that Adobe is not the only software I use.  I've been burned before.  Apple likes to leave the real world testing for its users.  And other software companies don't update their software when the macOS betas are released; they wait for the actual release.  The printer and scanner companies are particularly bad is this regard.

• Like 1