In search of an M8 Safari

w44neg

The information I found is to make 500 units, this is my M8 SAFARI, it is very difficult to find it

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 2:30 PM, w44neg said:

Does anyone have any info on the Safari model of the M8 series? How many were made and does anyone know of anywhere that has one for sale? Thanks

It came as a set, that included a silver 28mm elmarit (The Silver 28mm elmarit was never sold individually, it was only included in the safari M8.2 and I think a white version of the M8.2 ) lens, bag, and strap, and was the technically the Leica M8.2

500 were made

https://f22cameras.com/en/leica-m82-safari-with-elmarit-m-28mm-f28-silver-set

Here's a picture of mine, still working great!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dsm21 said:

It came as a set, that included a silver 28mm elmarit (The Silver 28mm elmarit was never sold individually, it was only included in the safari M8.2 and I think a white version of the M8.2 ) lens, bag, and strap, and was the technically the Leica M8.2

500 were made

https://f22cameras.com/en/leica-m82-safari-with-elmarit-m-28mm-f28-silver-set

Lovely. If you ever sell…

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/15/2023 at 6:30 AM, dsm21 said:

It appears that your White M8 has shrivelled up to nearly nothing from being in the presence of the mighty Safari. 😄

Pete.

• Haha 3

In retrospect I regret not getting the Safari as I am probably the only person in the world who actually used a couple of M8 on Safari with Visoflex 3 and Noflexar  T 400 in PIGRIFF and TEX multiple times. 😪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

In retrospect I regret not getting the Safari as I am probably the only person in the world who actually used a couple of M8 on Safari with Visoflex 3 and Noflexar  T 400 in PIGRIFF and TEX multiple times. 😪

Fortunately the animals wouldn't have noticed that you weren't using a safari M8, Jaap, since they don't have colour vision. 😇

Pete.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

https://tulipfrenzy.com/2014/08/18/on-using-the-leica-m-typ-240-on-a-photographic-safari/#:~:text=Having just returned from the,take pictures at a distance.

Yes, I used the M240 with an 105-280 R and EV with good results. Both APO extenders too the only snag was the IR sensitivity of the 240 so 486 filters were mandatory. Notice the yellow cast in the images in the article in the link. 

• Like 1