Leica Christmas Party - Manchester

Rolo

Please show your hand if you want a place to be booked on your behalf for lunch.  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Please show your hand if you want a place to be booked on your behalf for lunch.

• Hand up
    • Hand wavering between up and down (possibly)
    • People who think that this is far too complicated.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was taking photographs of some Iraqis on top of a bus shelter burning an American flag.

What were you doing burning an American flag on top of a bus shelter whilst taking photographs ??

No wonder the Iraqis were upset. They get blamed for everything !

Rolo

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Boys

Nice to meet you all, And I think the photo of the day comp is a great idea, and I'm good to my word I'll do a cake for whoever is declared the winner

Rolo - In the new year, you and me for a night out in the gay village (to all others just don't ask!)

All the best

Mrs Dave (aka Mad Muffins)

xx

Thanks for the ginger biccies.

Chris B

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice to see (through somewhat bleary eyes) everyone again yesterday, thanks to Rolo for organising us at his most busy time of the year; it was good of Lewis's to give him a couple of hours off from wearing his Santa suit (you know he's hardly aged from when I used to queue to see him when I were a lad).

Nice to meet the "newbies" John braved the border patrols on Offa's Dyke (caution Pete, second yellow card offence) and came over the mountains- hope you got back OK before the curfew.

Thanks to Mrs Mad Muffins for the Leica gingerbread and the Phantom of the Opera prosthetic for Rolo.

Suggested next venue is to resurrect the failed visit to New Brighton for a guided tour of Lord Barton's lighthouse, some time in February, depending on tides.

David Stephens showing how large his lenses are! Falstaff looking at JMR's small but very effective one!

Lovely to see everyone and thanks to Rolo for organising a great deal - and thanks Mrs D for the superb gingerbread. Happy Christmas to everyone

Suggested next venue is to resurrect the failed visit to New Brighton for a guided tour of Lord Barton's lighthouse, some time in February, depending on tides.

Fine idea.

Maybe we could take a ferry over to Liverpool too (in 15 years, I've never been on one) and partake of some of Ma Boyle's scouse.

I was great to meet with old and new friends yesterday and I would like to take the opportunity of wishing everyone the compliments of the season. :)

Couple of suggestions yesterday to get away from the stodge of Christmas and avoid 8 days of shopping by having some sea air over the Xmas break.

How about a few hours at New Brighton on 28th December to recce the town and time the ferry trip? Blackpool is an alternative.

Flask of tea, sandwich and mince pies only. :)

Rolo can make it and Stunsworth is up for anything going, anywhere. I can't do 29tth.

Just need two more to make it an official meet.

Rolo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A few hours in New Brighton??? Are you a masochist as well as an international man of mystery? <grin>

As for the ferry, that stopped running to New Brighton decades ago - my grandparents used to take me to New Brighton when I was a nipper. Somehow I always managed to find my way home again.

I couldn't make it anyway, off to Poland for a few days between Christmas and New Year.

Thoroughly enjoyed meeting all of you and thank you for making me welcome. Sorry I had to leave early and missed some of the ones who can't get up in a morning:D . I did manage to squeeze off a few shots though.

It was great to put faces to names though. I was so relieved when there was no cagoul wearing train spotters there.:D

Good to meet you all on Sunday. Still not sure who everyone is but I will get there slowly.

I will have to think about the 28th. I have also enjoyed the photographs you guys have uploaded. While the following pale into the shadows of your postings let me show willing at least.

Here is David looking happy - thinking about Derby or selling a M8 to Rolo?

And Falstaff in more serious mode

• 1 month later...
Nice to see (through somewhat bleary eyes) everyone again yesterday, thanks to Rolo for organising us at his most busy time of the year; it was good of Lewis's to give him a couple of hours off from wearing his Santa suit (you know he's hardly aged from when I used to queue to see him when I were a lad).

We can rely on Cortina Man. :)

Rolo

I drove down the prom at Blackpool yesterday, the piers were open but most of the shops on the front were closed. There's didn't seem to be a lot going on. Also large sections of the prom are dug up at the moment - they seem to be relaying the tram tracks from one end of the line to the other.

But hey, we like a challenge don't we? At least we should all be able to find somewhere like the North pier <grin>