New edition of the Leica Summilux-M 1.4/35mm ASPH.

Ken Abrahams

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/20/2023 at 5:15 AM, budjames said:

I do miss the rectangular screw on lens hood of the Summilux ASPH FLE. It offered great protection of the lens from incidental bumps when the camera is hanging from my shoulder.

BUD!! I haven't been on the forum in a while, and its good to see you're still posting... and its good to see you're taking the plunge on these $$$$ lenses so we can all pick your brain about them. haha

I agree with you about the lens hood... I prefer the nice screw on square one. From what I can tell, Leica is doing something similar with their manufacturing that they did with the SL line and unifying the production so they can uses parts between lenses. 

I am a little surprised you dont use the close focus feature much, I was pretty impressed by it. You think its because you have to use the live view?? or you're just not into it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 1:22 PM, matthewm2 said:

BUD!! I haven't been on the forum in a while, and its good to see you're still posting... and its good to see you're taking the plunge on these $$$$ lenses so we can all pick your brain about them. haha

I agree with you about the lens hood... I prefer the nice screw on square one. From what I can tell, Leica is doing something similar with their manufacturing that they did with the SL line and unifying the production so they can uses parts between lenses. 

I am a little surprised you dont use the close focus feature much, I was pretty impressed by it. You think its because you have to use the live view?? or you're just not into it?

No particular reason other than I'm not a close up shooter (closer than 1 meter or so).

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, hoolyproductions said:

Do any of you FLE II owners use one on a Leica SL/SL2? I'm quite curious how it looks on the camera, could not find on google :)

Here it is attached to my SL (601)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hoolyproductions said:

Thanks a lot Darrell! Could I trouble you for a top down view when you have a moment, I'd like to see how far the lens extends from the body 😇

Here it is with the hood extended and retracted.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to get one of these for my SL2/S (I also have an M6 but shoot film rarely these days).

Here's a quick snap, accidentally focussed on the 'trailing eye' in my haste, but I love the look/rendering.

SL2 at ISO 800, f1.4, 1/20th of a second. It looked great straight out of camera but I have applied some minor adjustments here.

Thanks again to Darrell for the shot of the lens on the SL!

Edited by hoolyproductions
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just bought the 35mm Summilux FLE2 yesterday. Seems to work fine but the aperture is much lighter touch than all my other Leica lenses. I'm wondering if this is normal. It does have clear detents and click into place but effort to move it is pretty light. I found when out shooting I was accidentally changing the aperture. I can live with it if this is normal. I'd say it's half the effort my 50mm Summilux 2023 takes.

• Like 1