Next Reissue lens, which do you want?

overexposed

55 minutes ago, SiggiGun said:

. I will be happy with a Bi-Elmar(it) 28-50mm

But it wouldn't be a reissue, would it. Looking at the price  the chrome Noctilux reissue has attained, maybe a reissue of a reissue.

Based on its popularity the 'rigid' Summicron 50 in chrome and black paint would be my vote.

Edited by pedaes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, budjames said:

An updated version of the Tri Elmar 16-18-21 would be my ask.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography.

What do you think needs updating?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, overexposed said:

well an update would hardly be an reissue

Not even an update. I’d call it a run of the mill “with a bit of extra time between runs”. But that is suuuch an excellent position for a company to be in. 

Leica is now in a position to issue a new run of M3 cameras, just like that. Bam! 60 years between runs, so what! You always wanted a brand new M3 but swore your life for not being born in the right era? Well maybe you’ll get your chance this time around. I’d buy a BP M3, and maybe even a silver chrome one. And a M2. This would also kill, once and for all, the Asian forgery of fake BP Leicas and the whole SILLY repaint business.

No, these wouldn’t be reissues in my book, but merely a new production run, in the grand scheme, with the next one happenin next year, or in 40 years, who knows.

Only a few companies can do this: Harley, rolex, Ford... but for cars it’s harder. For small objects, this is easy peasy.

Leica was really out of the market from the 60’s with the SLRs outselling them 100:1, abd then 1000:1. But with technology enabling mirrorless technology, Leica has been extremey lucky. They could do nothing about the market, but the whole market has changed to match Leica’s position.

That’s like changing a lightbulb, not by screwing it but by holding it and waiting for the earth’s rotation to screw it in. How unlikey, and yet this has happened for Leica: they went to be completey helpless for 50 years until today where the market has fully and comfortably changed as a mold for Leica’s products.

Yes, I’d like a Summilux pre asph BP steel rim.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

The rigid already came out in BP with the MP classique Set.

That version used the current 50mm Summicron optical cell in a facsimile body (as the 50 Year Summicron). I am talking the original optical formula flexed for current glass types and coatings, as with the other 'classic series' lenses.

Edited by pedaes
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Not even an update. I’d call it a run of the mill “with a bit of extra time between runs”. But that is suuuch an excellent position for a company to be in. 

Leica is now in a position to issue a new run of M3 cameras, just like that. Bam! 60 years between runs, so what! You always wanted a brand new M3 but swore your life for not being born in the right era? Well maybe you’ll get your chance this time around. I’d buy a BP M3, and maybe even a silver chrome one. And a M2. This would also kill, once and for all, the Asian forgery of fake BP Leicas and the whole SILLY repaint business.

No, these wouldn’t be reissues in my book, but merely a new production run, in the grand scheme, with the next one happenin next year, or in 40 years, who knows.

Only a few companies can do this: Harley, rolex, Ford... but for cars it’s harder. For small objects, this is easy peasy.

Leica was really out of the market from the 60’s with the SLRs outselling them 100:1, abd then 1000:1. But with technology enabling mirrorless technology, Leica has been extremey lucky. They could do nothing about the market, but the whole market has changed to match Leica’s position.

That’s like changing a lightbulb, not by screwing it but by holding it and waiting for the earth’s rotation to screw it in. How unlikey, and yet this has happened for Leica: they went to be completey helpless for 50 years until today where the market has fully and comfortably changed as a mold for Leica’s products.

Yes, I’d like a Summilux pre asph BP steel rim.

You could stand there for 10,223 years holding a light bulb and the earth’s rotation won’t screw in the bulb.

• Haha 3