Next Reissue lens, which do you want?

overexposed

6 minutes ago, pedaes said:

I very much doubt that!

What exactly?

please note that I do not doubt that you doubt anything I will say, as this is a counter-argumentative forum par-excellence, where even the most die-hard Leica Lover will suddenly become a 7Artisan advocate just to prove a shady point.

That’s how it goes LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, lct said:

Never seen that beast i admit. Any link?

Ha ha, for some reason I typed Apochromatic (a lens yet to be released), instead of Aspherical …

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/35mm_f/1.4_Aspherical_Summilux-M

• Thanks 1

Now that newer Leica Ms have an LCD screen and EVFs are available, Leica should consider introducing a 40mm lens. For many, this is a nice focal length, and would make for a great one lens kit. Having recently purchased a Visoflex 2, I am considering a 40 Voigtlander, but what if a newer Leica option was there. 

For Leica, might actually boost the sale of the EVF, or Leica could consider a bundle price. Who knows a future M may well have a built in EVF. 

Difficult to believe that Leica will launch a 40mm lens w/o corresponding frame lines. Was not a problem on the film CL because it had 40mm frame lines but on M cameras it can only be 35mm or 50mm IMHO. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, fabior said:

I would be very tempted if they redo the Summilux 35mm aspherical AA 

I suspect that if this came to fruition, the production numbers would be limited, selling out immediately, and then trading for $15-$20k or more, given recent asking prices for originals.  And that’s assuming production quality and delivery estimates could be maintained. But tempting in the abstract.

Jeff

15 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

I suspect that if this came to fruition, the production numbers would be limited, selling out immediately, and then trading for $15-$20k or more, given recent asking prices for originals.  And that’s assuming production quality and delivery estimates could be maintained. But tempting in the abstract.

Jeff

Smart money would be to follow the 50 1.2 Noct reissue from here on out – one variant in limited numbers, the other unlimited.

• Thanks 1

Nothing fancy but an updated 40mm summicron would be nice with modern coatings. Perhaps when the M12 comes out there could be electronic/ digital frame lines to include the 40mm. Perhaps a Leica /Panasonic CL Collab

• Like 1