Leica Q2, received 2 days ago, entire image is black

Am 1.5.2022 um 09:10 schrieb Yavor Angelov:

The screen is working,

What do you wanna say with that?
a) the screen show all menu points,  except gray scale photos
b) the screen show all including gray scale photos, but camera save only black photos?

Chris

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have the same problem. I just got a Q2, upgraded to 5.0 Firmware (on an in-camera pre-formatted card) and the screen is black and the controls are erratic. I have been on all the forums and had no luck. I upgraded another Q2 and the process went flawlessly. I have reformatted the card and reset the camera system many, many times and nothing helps. It won't let me re-installed the 5.0 firmware nor downgrade to 4.0 either. Now the Leica mobile phone can't talk to it. I took it to a camera store that sells Leicas and the Leica expert there says it might be a bad aperture control. My theory is the most simple and obvious: the firmware file was corrupted somehow. I thought of sending it to Leica for service but they are backlogged for 8 months!!!!! Help! I will try and send it back to KEH who sold it to me tomorrow. Wish me luck! 

Whoa! I just tried what allen88909 suggested and got an image very briefly and then it instantly went to black and not working. That says to me the aperture is messed up - either mechanical but I think it is a corrupted 5.0 firmware install which can be taken off and re-installed. So much for te legend of the bullet proof Leica!