Cord to plug in Android phone to M11

Fred C. Stadler

There's also a USBC to USBC cable in the box, for the charger. You could use that, or any other USBC 3.1/3.2 cable.

The Apple cable is special because of some weird Apple certification. Leica cares little for those of us that us Andriod and the app doesn't have the same functionality as the Apple version.

Gordon

I think the cable that is in the box is USB-A to USB-C and will not work on iPad Pro .

I already have tested multiple cable to use the camera connection to FOTOS app in iPad Pro. 

Most of them don't work USB-C 3.1, 3.2 . T3 T4, they are only only usable to connect PTP to apple photos or Lightroom. for that I will use a card reader.

But what about using the fotos app with the same experience of the iPhone app. See picture as you shoot in full screen, download some, and remote shooting. at this point I found only one cable that is delivering this experience on iPad Pro. 

It is and Anker charging cable, slower speed but works.

To be clear, the Leica-supplied "Apple" cable has a Lightning plug on the Apple end.  This is used in iPhones and much older tablets and laptops, but not in current iPads, Macs or Android and PC products.  So it is only for iPhone connection.  Part of the problem is that support for the internal data, whether on the SD card or the internal 64 GB buffer, is incomplete.  Mounting these data sets in a recognized file system should come with a later firmware release.  

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

All I've done so far is use the cable to transfer files to my Windows laptop. I've used the original cable and a USBC to USBC cable to transfer images. Both worked flawlessly for that simple purpose.

I generally like to know where my images are and I like to be in control of the file structure, so it's unlikely I'd use any app to do the file import anyway. And Leica have already said the Android version will remain incomplete.

I understand what people want and I wish Leica would show some love to non-apple users.

Gordon

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Kiwimac said:

any USB C cable

Hoo boy.  There are eleventy-seven types of USB C cable.   They are not the same.  FWIW I can connect my M11 to my iPad pro using the Apple USB-C to USB-C cable that came with my iPad.  I have a few other cables that work, too.  I also have cables that do not work.

Cable manufactures use USB-C to specify the connector.   You also need to look at what data and power level a cable can support.  I have a few USB-C cables intended for device charging only.  Then can carry maximum USB power but data rates are quite limited.   For a do everything cable you want one rated for at least USB 3.2 (communications transfer rate) in addition to USB-C (physical connector).  If it's rated for thunderbolt even better if you are going to use the cable between Apple devics.  A cheap USB cable may only be rated as USB-2.  It will take forever and a day to transfer M11 images over such a cable.

TB3 or TB4 is what you should be looking for. Doesn't have to be apple branded. Any 100W USB-C cable should to the trick. I use the one I got with my Sony CF Express B card reader. Charging cable of the iPad is USB-C to USB-C and works too, albeit with slower read and write speeds.