LEICA FOTOS 3.0 released

MediaFotografie

vor 5 Stunden schrieb MediaFotografie:

...today we got FOTOS 3.0 for iOS and Android.

Beside support for M11 there some more features like FW-update via APP included.

I hope, GPS via bluetooth will be more stable

thomas 

Is it already available for download?

On 1/14/2022 at 4:13 AM, Simone_DF said:

I wonder if they plan to release it for M1 Macs, with some little tweaks it should be doable, and make tethering a breeze

That would be useful, I tried to install it but got a message that developer did not intend for it to run on this platform.

-Thomas

1 hour ago, trisberg said:

That would be useful, I tried to install it but got a message that developer did not intend for it to run on this platform.

Developers can disable Apple Silicon compatibility with a click on a checkbox when submitting their apps to the App store. There may be valid reasons to do that, for example the UI may not be optimized to work on a computer or some other compatibility issues. I recommend dropping a line to Leica and the developers. It shouldn't be too hard to make it compatible. Basically 90% of the job has been done.

Hi all, I've downloaded the app for my iPhone 12, and can't connect my Q2 with latest firmware to the app. Locates the camera, I join the camera wifi network, then it tries to "Join camera wifi" for a while, and ends up saying "Could not connect to camera" and asks me to check bluetooth pairing.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app a few times, turning off mobile network and trying, turning off then on the bluetooth on the phone, restating the camera, and none of that works. Anyone else having issues?

Cheers

On 1/19/2022 at 4:19 PM, GregWyatt said:

Hi all, I've downloaded the app for my iPhone 12, and can't connect my Q2 with latest firmware to the app. Locates the camera, I join the camera wifi network, then it tries to "Join camera wifi" for a while, and ends up saying "Could not connect to camera" and asks me to check bluetooth pairing.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app a few times, turning off mobile network and trying, turning off then on the bluetooth on the phone, restating the camera, and none of that works. Anyone else having issues?

Cheers

I fixed all this by hard restarting the iPhone, FYI.

Fotos 3.0.2 on iOS seems very buggy in remote control view at least with SL2-S on VW 2.1.

Tap to auto focus doesn’t work, can’t switch between video/photo, live view craps out and it shows as if the camera is asleep even though the camera is still connected.

Update: Seems this this happens after I change settings on the camera (i.e. from MF to AF).

Update 2: If SL2-S goes to sleep (auto power save), when it wakes up, it has a hard time reconnecting to the app if Fotos is running in the background on iOS.

Edited by beewee

Sorry, 

for me this app update does not address the 2 main problem I have with the app.
1. to slow while Connecting and downloading images. No cable connectivity 
2.  the app does not multitask. So I can’t take pictures with the camera while downloading and after the app started, I need to stick to the app only. But why? Who works like this? 
i find myself constantly thinking, oh man I need ten minutes with the developer team to show them how I work. 

and I work since 1993 with different remote software. You don’t need to invent anything new. 

speed and multitask 

otherwise : if this is the alternativ to a flippy screen , then it’s a failure. It’s only usable if you have time and you are not doing anything of importance. If you are challenged by the environment and people the app is useless. 

what do you think. Anyone out there that can do something or get something out of the app? 

last night it took 5 minutes to download 10 pictures in lowress (0,1) and I could not do anything but stare at the street. 

And to me an App is something that should ad some features to the camera .

this app is counterintuitive…. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2022 at 9:48 PM, Nilei said:

Is it already available for download?

Are you sure?

In fact, I can't see any Leica Fotos App available for Android on the PlayStore!

Is it just me or others facing this issue too?