BREAKING NEWS

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

29 minutes ago, Alexander-HH said:

Hi Steven,

do you have any indication if the new EVF can be used with the M10 as well? For me this would be a bold move from Leica and much appreciated!

Alexander

Didn't think of asking, and don't have one to try it, sorry. Will call and ask tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff S said:

Well, you got one out of three predictions right in your opening post from a year ago, missing on the SL 28-70 (it’s 24-70) and the “47MP stabilized M11”. Your predictions evolved over time, and many here came to trust and appreciate your later information. Everyone didn’t think you were crazy. So no need to create the ‘I told you so from the start’, and ‘me against the masses’ gloating. Good that you were able to share some information along the way.

Jeff

Here's the thing, Jeff. I was not wrong. A 47MP stabilised sensor has been inside the M11. They ditched it. It's not my "predictions" that evolved. It's the M11 that did. 

Oh, and here's a breaking new for you. M12 is stabilised. An internal EVF is in development. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Steven said:

60MP, lower res modes

Fast Iso

New evf

No baseplate

better low light 

exact release date

etc... 

One year ago, everyone thought I was crazy, because it had nothing to do with what Leicarumour said.  Too bad ! Cause there are other things I've said in this thread that are coming your way soon, but no one listened... Other good things... 

I went and checked, you said you were "curious about fixed bottom plate" in april. But we did all appreciate your input, no worries. I am still eager to find out what film M is coming as I am just about to get a mint M6 (or not, hint hint).

Edited by Al Brown

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just now, calijax said:

Then what is? M11? Something we are missing? Far off Q3? 

It’s a new film M. I know exactly what it is, but I’m not sure I want to say. Between the ones getting angry when I give info, and the ones who focus on the tiny typo I made while I was always write about everything, I’m not liking the internet crowd very much right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steven said:

It’s a new film M. I know exactly what it is, but I’m not sure I want to say. Between the ones getting angry when I give info, and the ones who focus on the tiny typo I made while I was always write about everything, I’m not liking the internet crowd very much right now. 

Haha I hear you brother. Just whisper it to me in a private message 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steven said:

...Between the ones getting angry when I give info, and the ones who focus on the tiny typo I made while I was always write about everything, I’m not liking the internet crowd very much right now. 

Ignore the haters and the nit-pickers. The rest of us do.

11 minutes ago, Steven said:

The typo "fixed bottom plate" you mention was made by me, I wrote a summary of the things I heard, you just wrote you are curious about this removable bottom plate thingy and I posted the link where you said it. Some native speakers were even mocking me for writing "fixed bottom plate" back then, although they all knew what I meant.
But that is not important. We are all on good terms here and although giant egos sometimes do get in the way, everything is usually promptly resolved and back to friendly banter. It is a forum, nobody expects it to be anything else.

Edited by Al Brown

43 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

The typo "fixed bottom plate" you mention was made by me, I wrote a summary of the things I heard, you just wrote you are curious about this removable bottom plate thingy and I posted the link where you said it. Some native speakers were even mocking me for writing "fixed bottom plate" back then, although they all knew what I meant.
But that is not important. We are all on good terms here and although giant egos sometimes do get in the way, everything is usually promptly resolved and back to friendly banter. It is a forum, nobody expects it to be anything else.

No. I was referring to the 28-70 instead of 24-70 typo. At a time when I correctly announced a new SL lens that no one was speaking of in the whole internet. 

nothing to do with what you said. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Steven said:

An internal EVF is in development

Phew... I thought i would have to get a 60MP rangefinder with the "brilliant" purpose of reducing its resolution to get less noise in PP :eek:.  I feel reassured now :D.

Also, not sure what you meant by giant egos. But if you’re referring to me, I am pleased. It’s good to have ego. Look in history. Generally, it’s people with ego and self respect did things. With a few exceptions only. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steven said:

Also, not sure what you meant by giant egos. But if you’re referring to me, I am pleased. It’s good to have ego. Look in history. Generally, it’s people with ego and self respect did things. With a few exceptions only. 

I am referring to many active members here, including me.

Edited by Al Brown

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Steven:

Here's the thing, Jeff. I was not wrong. A 47MP stabilised sensor has been inside the M11. They ditched it. It's not my "predictions" that evolved. It's the M11 that did. 

Oh, and here's a breaking new for you. M12 is stabilised. An internal EVF is in development. 

That Leica was able to do this design change within a year while in lockdown for a good part of it and still deliver the M11 in Jan 22 speaks for their just-in-time approach, I think.

1 hour ago, Chaemono said:

That Leica was able to do this design change within a year while in lockdown for a good part of it and still deliver the M11 in Jan 22 speaks for their just-in-time approach, I think.

The current M11 has been ready for at least 8-9 months. The rest was testing and fine tuning. The stabilised sensor had been in the testing for years, and will continue to be for years.