BREAKING NEWS

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, 

Those who know me know I have a very slim track record for upcoming product rumours, and that my source is someone serious. Here's what I got for you today ! 

1. The 28-70 SL F2.8 that I previously told you about here is still happening, but it is delayed at least to Q2

2. The SL28 APO has finally been announced internally and is supposedly in the hands of reviewers... The end of the embargo is set for late February. It will cost 4600 euros and will be available mid march. On the other hand the 21/24 should not be expected. 

3. This is less sure, but this is the bomb of the day. The M11 should be announced in December 2021, and available in February 2022. It will cost over 8000 euros and should come with a ........... STABILIZED 47MP SENSORRRRRRRRR!!!!! 

Have a nice weekend. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Good To Be Retired said:

Wonder if that means a body thickness increase?

Considering the success of the transition to the M10 form factor, I believe that there will be an increase but it will not be noticeable, like what iPhones do. A few mm. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Steven:

STABILIZED 47MP SENSORRRRRRRRR!!!!! 

Not doubting your source ... just wondering what would be the rationale behind such a choice ... Leica took the trouble to source a custom* sensor for the M10R although they already had the 47MP on the shelf, and now they switch to the "old" 47MP one for the next generation?

*I know the sensor in the M10R is a "cut to size" S3 Sensor, but still ...

Of course it could be a completely different sensor which just happens to have the same pixel count 🤔

• Like 1

The real thing, for me, would be an M11s (with P looks...) with 24MP - a la SL2s - stabilisation a huge plus -. Paired with some summiluxes we really have der King of the Night here...

Edited by Slender

2 hours ago, jakontil said:

Im seriously not so interested in getting more features with the M though

time to switch to M film hahahaha, love my m10 the way it is.. 

M11 with Ibis would be a low light beast. Would love that. It would open new possibilities for sure. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Alexander-HH said:

Not doubting your source ... just wondering what would be the rationale behind such a choice ... Leica took the trouble to source a custom* sensor for the M10R although they already had the 47MP on the shelf, and now they switch to the "old" 47MP one for the next generation?

*I know the sensor in the M10R is a "cut to size" S3 Sensor, but still ...

Of course it could be a completely different sensor which just happens to have the same pixel count 🤔

Some say the M10R was just an intermediary step, not the final plan. Seems to me like it was a great way to make some cash in 2021, while they develop IBIS in an M body. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Slender said:

The real thing, for me, would be an M11s (with P looks...) with 24MP - a la SL2s - stabilisation a huge plus -. Paired with some summiluxes we really have der King of the Night here...

I'd pay a lot of money for that. 

• Like 2

Hmm, this is definitely interesting. I already have a Q2 so I'm not interested in the 28mm SL.

I don't have an M yet but a sensor stabilized M11 would personally make it easier for me to justify the expense in the future. I'm imagining a M11 monochrome in 5 years would be a different enough to everything in my kit to justify the expense.

Hey since we're talking about rumors I'm allowed to dream right 😅😆

Edited by cheekz4dayz
fixing typo

2 minutes ago, cheekz4dayz said:

I'm not interested in the 28mm SL

Internally they are saying that it will equal the 35 APO SL in terms of performance. I'm sure that some forum members already have it in their hands. How do you like it Jono ? 😜

• Haha 1

IBIS is always welcome. Instead, I would prefer a M11 (color) with the same high-iso performance of the M10M. 

Having the option to shoot at 1/250 SS in the night for example, it would be an incredible advantage and a real game changer. And this IMHO is better than IBIS.

That's why I insist that IBIS is perfect for mirrorless. But for the M is not necessary.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dennis said:

IBIS is always welcome. Instead, I would prefer a M11 (color) with the same high-iso performance of the M10M. 

Having the option to shoot at 1/250 SS in the night for example, it would be an incredible advantage and a real game changer. And this IMHO is better than IBIS.

That's why I insist that IBIS is perfect for mirrorless. But for the M is not necessary.

You won’t get a high res color sensor with the same low light performance as the m10m. 
But ibis could help you get there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steven said:

You won’t get a high res color sensor with the same low light performance as the m10m. 

I know. And I still dreaming about it, Maybe two/three more years.

I think is where new sensor technology should work more on. 

Meanwhile, I accept IBIS 😎

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1