BREAKING NEWS

Steven

Advertisement (gone after registration)

8 minutes ago, Yarosuav said:

You don’t really need an EVF, just use LV when you need to focus close. I do it all the time with my 35/1.2 Nokton (which has 0.5m MFD). Pretty much the only reason I sometimes use the Nokton instead of my FLE, but even the 20cm difference has big impact on the image. 0.3m MFD is a game changer compared to 0.7m - just look at some shots from the new 35mm APO at 30cm…

Exactly. Also, it's easier to use the LCD than than an EVF at such a short distance, because the DOF is so shallow that a slight move gets you out of focus. So its easier to move the camera with just your hands, than with your head glued to it. Not sure if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, Alexander-HH said:

@Steven just curious - did you ever hear something about a potential mirrorless S camera? 😱

Nope. But I know that the guys at Leica view the S as their most accomplished image maker. They believe that nothing reaches it in terms of image quality, colors and depth. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Steven:

Nope. But I know that the guys at Leica view the S as their most accomplished image maker. They believe that nothing reaches it in terms of image quality, colors and depth. 

Thanks Steven, much appreciated. It will be interesting to watch what Leica has up its sleeve for this system / format. 

2 hours ago, Steven said:

It would amaze me if they didn’t!

I’ve looked at the S system - lovely camera to hold, and fabulous OVF.  But … cost, size, weight … no thanks.  I’ve said this before, but put the sensor into a smaller mirrorless body with a fixed, say 30mm, leaf shutter leans and it would be a very interesting …

Can’t see Leica doing it.  But fixed lens cameras have been an interesting concept since the SWC, the Sony X100, the Q, that Zeiss thing … if you have a matched, dedicated, and extremely high quality fixed lens, wouldn’t you put the best sensor with it?  Why stop at the 135 format?

Edited by IkarusJohn
  • Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 7 Stunden schrieb IkarusJohn:

... I’ve said this before, but put the sensor into a smaller mirrorless body with a fixed, say 30mm, leaf shutter leans and it would be a very interesting ...

Completely agree, this would be a smart move to keep the format alive without the difficulties of building a new system. 40 mm equivalent would be my preference 😉

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 1:32 PM, Steven said:

Slightly off topic, but have you heard any word that the Q2/Q2M Reporter Editions are taking the place of the matte black Q2-P edition and thereby signaling the end-of-line for the Q2 sometime next year? Or do you think we will still get a Q2-P next year and not see a Q3 until 2023?

26 minutes ago, hdmesa said:

Slightly off topic, but have you heard any word that the Q2/Q2M Reporter Editions are taking the place of the matte black Q2-P edition and thereby signaling the end-of-line for the Q2 sometime next year? Or do you think we will still get a Q2-P next year and not see a Q3 until 2023?

I don't have any info, but I saw the Q3, and it's far far far from a finished product. I would not be surprised at all if we see one more edition of the Q2

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2021 at 11:09 AM, CosmoM3 said:

Leica Q2 Reporter and Q2 Reporter Monochrom announced today

On 11/7/2021 at 4:28 PM, hdmesa said:

The safari green and the kevlar wrap have finally emerged, finally ready, after 3 years.

But to be fair, we can't really call a fixed lens 28 as suitable for a safari, hence "reporter". Thank God it isn't done in green camouflage. That would've signaled, not the end-of-line, but the end of times...

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2021 at 9:21 AM, SoarFM said:

The safari green and the kevlar wrap have finally emerged, finally ready, after 3 years.

But to be fair, we can't really call a fixed lens 28 as suitable for a safari, hence "reporter". Thank God it isn't done in green camouflage. That would've signaled, not the end-of-line, but the end of times...

Haha it's actually "olive drab" (darker) as it's more of an homage too all the photo journalist in war-time (it's a military color)

The Safari edition is more of an homage for all the wealthy aristocrats that traveled in the heart of Africa like they're on some jungle river cruise.

Edited by CosmoM3

On 12/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, CosmoM3 said:

The Safari edition is more of an homage for all the wealthy aristocrats that traveled in the heart of Africa like they're on some jungle river cruise.

The Safari R3 Electronic was sold on board the Concorde. Had a golden C emblem with a crown attached to the body.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

60MP, lower res modes

Fast Iso

New evf

No baseplate

better low light 

exact release date

etc... 

One year ago, everyone thought I was crazy, because it had nothing to do with what Leicarumour said.  Too bad ! Cause there are other things I've said in this thread that are coming your way soon, but no one listened... Other good things... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steven said:

60MP, lower res modes

Fast Iso

New evf

No baseplate

better low light 

exact release date

etc... 

One year ago, everyone thought I was crazy, because it had nothing to do with what Leicarumour said.  Too bad ! Cause there are other things I've said in this thread that are coming your way soon, but no one listened... Other good things... 

Well, you got one out of three predictions right in your opening post from a year ago, missing on the SL 28-70 (it’s 24-70) and the “47MP stabilized M11”. Your predictions evolved over time, and many here came to trust and appreciate your later information. Everyone didn’t think you were crazy. So no need to create the ‘I told you so from the start’, and ‘me against the masses’ gloating. Good that you were able to share some information along the way.

Jeff

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steven said:

60MP, lower res modes

Fast Iso

New evf

No baseplate

better low light 

exact release date

etc... 

Still hoping you're right about a new film M...