If a Q Monochrome will hit the market - whats you thoughts?

M10Alpine

I prefer to have a camera housing and separate lenses, because You normally change a digital camera housing more often than the lenses.

And second, if I would do it then it should have the same sensor as the M10M, it might not be the case but it could have a different behaviour.

My 2c

Umm.. The camera with the removable lens is called Leica M...🙄. The whole idea  of the Q is to have a single package.

I'm sure the camera will find a small, but enthusiastic, following. Personally it wouldn't work for me. I love my  Monochrom 1 for the character it brings to the photograph - and that makes a choice of rendering in the lens essential.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, strohscw said:

I prefer to have a camera housing and separate lenses, because You normally change a digital camera housing more often than the lenses.

And second, if I would do it then it should have the same sensor as the M10M, it might not be the case but it could have a different behaviour.

My 2c

How could it have the same sensor? M cameras have sensors that  are specifically designed for M lenses, the Q has a digitally integrated lens-sensor design.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I think that a monochrome version of the Q2 would be very successful in terms of sales.  Some have said that the original Q is Leica's best selling camera ever; I would expect that demand  to carry over to a momo version of the Q2.

IMHO there is a place at the table for a mono Q2.  I don't see that it would steal sales from the M10 Mono.  Some photographers specifically want a rangefinder camera (and the ability to change lenses).

I don't think I'd be interested, but never say never. Like Jaapv, I'm perfectly happy with my original M9 Monochrom and would want the ability to change lenses. Having said that I still have and really like the original Q as a walk around camera.

https://photographybytomlane.com