24meg verses 40meg aesthetic

Tom1234

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Talking about M aesthetics, who can sit at my table and say they had a better birthday cake than me this year?!!! 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 2:55 PM, Steven said:

I have to confess that I cannot get my shots right! There are all blurry. I don't consider myself a great RF shooter, but with my M10P I use to nail 90% of my shots. With the R, over 50% of my shots are blurry. The only moment when my shots aren't blurry is when my shutter speed is at above 1/500th or faster on a bright day. 

What's going on ? Does the increase in resolution hard to master as others have feared? I didn't believe this, but right now im almost not using it, unless its with a wide lens (28 or lower) in daylight.... 

Anyone experiencing the same? 

Shoot at higher shutter speeds.

People in motion are said to be minimally captured at 1/60of a second. I think this is bullshit. I would say 1/125-1/250 minimum.

If you are in low light, set the M10-R to Auto ISO and set the bar at like ISO 6400. Higher if you want, but ISO 6400 should act like ISO 1600 on older sensors or ISO 800 in film. Shouldn't really be an issue with image resolving quality. I have gotten good ISO 12,500 shots out of the M10-R.

you CAN handhold at 1/15 of a second or lower with this camera. I've done it without issue. But honestly, you don't need to. In fact you could shoot f/8 or f/11 at 1/250 and ISO whatever and rest assured you will have everything in focus, sharp and perfect. IF not, get back to me/us. We can likely talk you through it :)

This thread needs less aesthetics and more pictures.  In the L-mount part of the world, there is a discussion with some elements related to this.  Jono Slack compared the new SL2-S (24 MPx) to his SL2 (47 MPx), but rendering the SL2's output down to  24 MPx.  His comparison was intended to see how the two compared at ludicrously high ISO.  Well, it's candle  lighting week here, a good time for low light shots with deep shadows.  Here are two at ISO 12500, f/2.8 (despite what the EXIF says) and 1/60.  Exposures feel the same, color ba=lance came out a little different.  Which one is the M10-R and which one is the M10-D?

L1003210 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

V1001355 1 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

13 minutes ago, lb1800 said:

I guessed right because one looks a little sharper (on my iPhone!). Details show up on the Flickr info. 

Not on my phone... see, for instance, words “MIX CHEF” on green mixer. Better focus, at least, with M10-D shot.

Jeff

• 4 months later...

Regarding motion blur. I have never shot a M10R or any M10, but I will buy a M10 this autumn. I do have a M240 and a M8, and I also bought a Hasselblad X1d II last summer with a 90 mm lens. It is a medium format 50 mp camera, and I find it very hard to nail focus in slower shutter-speeds. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was worried about this as well and like to tell myself that the M10 was the right choice for me because of this factor when in reality it had more to do with price. I have razor sharp images taken with my Olympus OMD EM5 which only has 16mp on a m4/3 sensor so the 24mp didn't really concern me. I also like a classic/vintage look for character but I do believe this could be achieved with the R.

The higher mp count only really appeals to me for occasions where I take a quick shot of a moving subject and cannot get my composition right before the moment is gone. In cases of heavier cropping, it would be handy. However, I really like the idea of earning my shots and great shots brought about by heavy cropping always leave me with some internal shame as I feel like I cheated.