Where did i go wrong? Ektar 100

miguelmolez

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/26/2019 at 2:28 AM, 105012 said:

I just would not want to see casually perpetuated the notion that Ektar is bad for portraits. I get consistently great results with Ektar for this genre and there are plenty of similar views around. Here is one as an example:

https://www.wendylaurel.com/shoot-kodak-ektar-100-film-tutorial/

Your link illustrates exactly why I would not use Ektar for portraits.  The skins tones in most of those images are too red in the shadow areas and commercially unacceptable in my view.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, miguelmolez said:

Sorry yes I have the negatives back, I'm waiting for them to reply with the regards to what happened with the scans. I'm debating whether to get my own scanner now, to see what sort of results I get with them. Probably a good decision cost wise as well for the long term. 

I sent off a roll of Portra 400 to the same lab yesterday, so the scans should be available for download at some point this morning. Will be interesting to see what results I get back.

Keep preciously your negatives  ... and if you like natural color of fim (and you are right) develop yourself like me Miguel 

Best Henry 

For Miguel , one picture dev and scan by myself .

Kodak Ektar 100 (dev in Tetenal - 38°C - 3min 15sec) -Leica M7-35 Summilux Asph 

Scan Nikon Coolscan 5000 16 bits in TIFF size 120 Mo - UNCORRECTED > scan Nikon software "linear curve" 

Dawn in Asia 2019 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Best

Henry 

• Like 4

On 11/28/2019 at 10:31 AM, Doc Henry said:

For Miguel , one picture dev and scan by myself .

Kodak Ektar 100 (dev in Tetenal - 38°C - 3min 15sec) -Leica M7-35 Summilux Asph 

Scan Nikon Coolscan 5000 16 bits in TIFF size 120 Mo - UNCORRECTED > scan Nikon software "linear curve" 

Dawn in Asia 2019 

Best

Henry 

Excellent :) Thanks for your response Henry. Will be looking at my own dev in the new year. I'm tempted to start with stand development to test the water.

Will be buying scanner after xmas to scan in some of the negs that I've already had done to see what results I get personally. 

Edited by miguelmolez
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

17 hours ago, miguelmolez said:

Excellent :) Thanks for your response Henry. Will be looking at my own dev in the new year. I'm tempted to start with stand development to test the water.

Will be buying scanner after xmas to scan in some of the negs that I've already had done to see what results I get personally. 

You are welcome Miguel.

Please post your photos in this thread 

Best Henry 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 4:27 PM, miguelmolez said:

I'm trying to wonder where I went wrong here. I'm guessing I should have over exposed one stop maybe? 

Is this just under exposure?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Have you tried another roll of Ektar yet, but with a proper light meter?

Pete

• Like 2