Ektar post-production.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I m waiting the send of the M10 i just bought.

I want to know what would be the good settings with the camera and PP logiciel in order to have:

- a color EKtar look.

- a BW Hilford HP5 look.

I never did PP in the past and it affraid me a little.

Have you got some advises ?

Thanks.

PS: i'm limited to speack and write in english but i can use google translate to understand your answer.

Which software do you use? RNI has a film emulation package for Lightroom and Capture One that contains both Kodak Ektar and Ilford HP5 profiles, and many more. When installed, you can apply these looks with just one click.

The downside is that it's very expensive, and I don't think I'd recommend it if you don't have some experience with this kind of thing.

Pay for and download the DxO 'Nik Suite' as a plugin to your Photoshop or Lightroom. It has specific modules for B&W or Colour post processing and each gives you colour or B&W presets to use or modify as you wish.

There is is no free lunch and especially in trying to use a digital camera of any type without a backup software package, it's a bullet that needs to be bit. Just choose one that most other people use so you can get straight answers. Look at it this way, if you were using film you either have to send it away for processing or invest in doing it yourself, so processing and backup costs are in many ways kind of equivalent.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I started the thread below with lots of inspiration about film simulation. 

Lately, however, I've grown a little tired of this. Instead, I've learned how to better utilize the controls in Lightroom, which allows me to achieve almost anything I want with the standard Adobe profiles and my camera's embedded profile.