LEICA ELMARIT-M 1:2,8/21 mm ASPH

kepstein

If I'm not mistaken, you'd see the 28/90mm framelines. Live view is the best/only way I've seen to do any sort of composition with a 21mm where you require any degree of accuracy. Of course, using the EVF is THE best solution, but without purchasing additional equipment, Live View is your friend!

I sold my 21/2.8 Elmarit ASPH after acquiring the WATE. As noted above, the EVF will give most accurate framing. However, on the run as most travel situations are, I use the Live View rear display with grid lines. Quick and accurate enough. If you are using a tripod, either Live View display works just fine.

• Like 1

I do know, what the b ackground of the question really is. Maybe my comment fits: With the 21mm lens I look at the 28mm frame lines and after some experience I learned how much wider 21mm is compared to 28mm. So I need no LV or additional finder.

The Voigtlander 15-35mm Zoom Finder while a little  large and, to some not aesthetically pleasing, is quite accurate and hence useful.  Although somewhat pricey, that is not the case using  Leica prices as a reference.   I tested mine at various focal length settings and found it quite accurate, bright and usable with my eyeglasses.  In short a very nice product. It has multiple sensor size settings.  Regards, Ron

Edited by Ronazle