Panasonic to reveal in Jan; ship in March?

bags27

Advertisement (gone after registration)

FWIW (which may be a lot, since it was this site that first--and completely accurately--announced the 3 company consortium before Photokina)

https://www.l-rumors.com/l4-yes-full-s1-s1r-specs-likely-to-be-unveiled-in-january/

there are other rumors that the reveal is on Jan 7:

https://www.l-rumors.com/panasonics-ces-conference-on-january-7-at-10am-las-vegas-time-will-they-unveil-some-new-s1-s1r-info/

I wonder about the effects of this on: 1. a potential SL2 announcement in response to the FF 47 MPS S1R, and 2. the price of the CL/TL2 in response to the FF 24 MPS S1 apparently being revealed the same day.

Edited by bags27

As it will be most likely be a much larger camera - and lenses- than the CL, I rather doubt that there will be any serious competition.

There will be, of course the inevitable CL vs. xx threads on the forum, but those will only entrench the FF fundamentalists against the APS-C fanatics, with the IQ warriors looking on be-(a-)musedly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jaapv said:

There will be, of course the inevitable CL vs. xx threads on the forum, but those will only entrench the FF fundamentalists against the APS-C fanatics, with the IQ warriors looking on be-(a-)musedly.

Don’t forget the DR flag-wavers!

16 minutes ago, BernardC said:

On a related note, I heard from my local camera store that the Panasonic rep will drop by in early January with a working S1, or S1R, or both. It makes sense that this would coincide with the official announcement.

Personally, I am particularly excited about the Sigma Foveon FF body for land/city/etc./scape photography. But the Panasonic is also be of interest. Good days for those already into the L-system, as well as those lurking around... (keeping the bank accounter at the arm's length, for the time being). 

• Like 6