Leica M7 Repair

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone,

I just got my estimate back from Leica and wanted your advice.  I sent M7 in for repair becuse the film started to bind up, this is the most expensive part of the repair at $400.00.  I see alot of Misc items on the estimate 

Leather Covering-$50

Battery cover for M7-$20

Rewind crank -$75

When I sent it in there was nothing wrong with these items and left with battery cover. My question is this common for Leica to come back with these misc repairs? and are those nessary? I know owning this camera $800 for repair seems kinda high. 

Thanks

Mark

If the camera gets opened the covering has to be replaced - that is normal. As for the battery cover and rewind crank - I'm sure nobody here can tell you what Leica found wrong with them. Why don't you just ask them?

Many high end companies do this. They are bringing your camera as close as they can to like new condition. If there is play in the rewind lever they will want to replace. This helps avoid return trips and ensures the consumer is fully happy with their gear.

Similar to Rolex in which they replace any single component that doesn't meet their requirements.