Leica M Film Photos -- Feel Free to Share Yours

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M6 TTL, 35:2 v4

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Steven said:

Very good looking colors. 
I’m in a plane on my way to Miami now. Out of the 150 rolls in my bagpack I brought in my one month trip, I have 10 rolls of 50D. Now I know what to expect as the landscape will be similar. 

Awesome ! Yes I was pleasantly surprised when I got these back just now.  I knocked some purple out in post but that was about it .  

I'm really impressed - Portra 160 now has a rival for these bright Sydney days :D

Enjoy the trip! 

31 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Awesome ! Yes I was pleasantly surprised when I got these back just now.  I knocked some purple out in post but that was about it .  

I'm really impressed - Portra 160 now has a rival for these bright Sydney days :D

Enjoy the trip! 

When you shoot the sea, and the sun is hitting it, 50d will give you the red halo around the highlights in the wave (similar to the effect on lights with 800t), and it makes for a very filmic and nostalgic look. I like it. 

Edited by Steven
  • Like 1

MP, Portra 400, 28mm 2.8 ASPH with heavy crop.  Between the cropping, singers' costumes and makeup, this shot does not do justice to what Portra can do but I liked the scene so I'm posting anyway.

• Like 6

August at Crabhadal, Isle of Harris

Leica MP

28mm summaron-m

Ektar in Tetenal C41 (30deg)

Edited by Ouroboros
  • Like 12

Bronte Beach, Sydney M6 TTL , Cinestill 50D & 35:2 v4

• Like 10

Portra 400, M6 TTL & 35:2 v4 

• Like 15

Milky Way...where your milk comes from. Darigold plant in Issaquah, WA

Leica MP w/7Artisans 75mm f1.25 on Rollei RPX 100 dev in Rodinal 1:25 for 8 minutes at 20C and scanned with Plustek 8200 and Vuescan software.

• Like 6

Farah with M9

LEICA MP with 50mm Summicron on Ilford FP4+ dev in HC110B

• Like 8

Sydney, Middle Harbour

Leica M6, Fujifilm 400 Pro H, 35mm Summilux

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, Steven said:

Very good looking colors. 
I’m in a plane on my way to Miami now. Out of the 150 rolls in my bagpack I brought in my one month trip, I have 10 rolls of 50D. Now I know what to expect as the landscape will be similar. 

Steven, how did you deal with the airport Xray scanning problem with your 150 "carry-on" rolls of film? Presumably you left from Paris and flew via Florida so that may have meant two security checks?..............Enjoy your trip!

6 hours ago, petermullett said:

Steven, how did you deal with the airport Xray scanning problem with your 150 "carry-on" rolls of film? Presumably you left from Paris and flew via Florida so that may have meant two security checks?..............Enjoy your trip!

Hi Peter, 

Only one security check in Paris. No problem requesting a hand inspection, as expected. No check landing in Miami. When I leave Miami, I know I will have no problem either. 

My worry is when I land in cuba. I have had troubles with over concerned immigration officers in the past, in La Havane, and had some belongings confiscated. 

I will take an M10R body as back up, and just attach a lens to it in case my film gets scanned and I fear it has been damaged. If they don't scan it, the M10R will not see the light of day. It will stay in the safe of the hotel. 

1 hour ago, Steven said:

Hi Peter, 

Only one security check in Paris. No problem requesting a hand inspection, as expected. No check landing in Miami. When I leave Miami, I know I will have no problem either. 

My worry is when I land in cuba. I have had troubles with over concerned immigration officers in the past, in La Havane, and had some belongings confiscated. 

I will take an M10R body as back up, and just attach a lens to it in case my film gets scanned and I fear it has been damaged. If they don't scan it, the M10R will not see the light of day. It will stay in the safe of the hotel. 

Sort of surprised about things going well in Paris, CDG being an airport that could normally be a little difficult in my experience. It had to be your natural charm that saw you through with them checking all 150 rolls !. La Havane might be the hurdle on the return travel though.........But good luck and enjoy your trip anyway, cheers! 

2 hours ago, Steven said:

Hi Peter, 

I'm sure you know this anyway, but if you've any suspicion that your unexposed stock has been scanned take one of your fastest films and just shoot 10-15 frames of anything and see if you can get the whole film processed locally ASAP, develop only.......That "test" roll of negs should be able to tell you if Xrays have done any damage en-route.

• Like 7