Leica M Film Photos -- Feel Free to Share Yours

Advertisement (gone after registration)

M6 TTL, 35 Color Skopar, Ilford HP5

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grahamc said:
3 hours ago, Shanil said:

M6 TTL, 35 Color Skopar, Ilford HP5

Very nice :) makes me want to put some HP5 in the camera.  strangely it’s 30%-40% cheaper here than tri-x   How about over there ? 

Expand  

Thanks Graham! Definitely give it a shot, yeah it's the same here. Tri X is now ~£10 a roll and I can't justify shooting it anymore!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, grahamc said:

Yeah it’s pretty crazy. $19 Aussie dollars here for the tri-x which is more than a Tenner I think.  And just $11 for hp5 

I buy the 100 foot rolls and bulk load. In the US it's about $90 for 100 feet of HP5+ (Tri-X was $110 last check) which yields around 25 rolls so under $4 per roll.  I usually load short rolls 20-26 so I can change from one film type to another but even if you load 36 exp per roll the cost is below $6 US.  There are the up front expenses of a bulk loader (about $50 here) but they last decades.

Edited by Sailronin
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sailronin said:

I buy the 100 foot rolls and bulk load. In the US it's about $90 for 100 feet of HP5+ (Tri-X was $110 last check) which yields around 25 rolls so under $4 per roll.  I usually load short rolls 20-26 so I can change from one film type to another but even if you load 36 exp per roll the cost is below $6 US.  There are the up front expenses of a bulk loader (about $50 here) but they last decades.

Nice, didn't know that existed. Could you also do it with portra? If yes, what would say is the cost per roll? 

True believers

Jehovah's Witnesses handing out tracts at Westlake Station in downtown Seattle pre-COVID 2016

Leica M7 with 35mm Summicron on FP4+ dev. in HC110B and scanned on Plustek 8200

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sailronin said:

Thanks .You've reminded me I was going to do that but never got round to it - assume it's a simple enough process ? Do you re-use Lannister's or do you buy those aswell.  I think I read somewhere the Kodak ones are a bit fiddly, but I guess you can use any brand of canister ?   Thanks again 

Tri-X, M6 TTL and 50:2 v3

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, grahamc said:

Thanks .You've reminded me I was going to do that but never got round to it - assume it's a simple enough process ? Do you re-use Lannister's or do you buy those aswell.  I think I read somewhere the Kodak ones are a bit fiddly, but I guess you can use any brand of canister ?   Thanks again 

Hi Graham,

I use the Lloyd's Legacy Pro bulk loaders, have for decades with my first one over 30 years old and still in use. I keep one for low speed (Rollei RPX100 now) and one for hight speed (HP5+ this time). For canisters I prefer the plastic reusable ones but those are getting hard to find so lately, long backorder delays so order as many as you can (10 or so) and be prepared to wait for delivery. I used to use metal snap top ones but those are almost impossible to find anyone except used and many of those have damaged felt light traps.   

I'm in the US so your brand names may be different, for example I've not heard of Lannister's but will look them up.

Good luck,

Dave

20 minutes ago, Sailronin said:

Hi Graham,

I use the Lloyd's Legacy Pro bulk loaders, have for decades with my first one over 30 years old and still in use. I keep one for low speed (Rollei RPX100 now) and one for hight speed (HP5+ this time). For canisters I prefer the plastic reusable ones but those are getting hard to find so lately, long backorder delays so order as many as you can (10 or so) and be prepared to wait for delivery. I used to use metal snap top ones but those are almost impossible to find anyone except used and many of those have damaged felt light traps.   

I'm in the US so your brand names may be different, for example I've not heard of Lannister's but will look them up.

Good luck,

Dave

Thanks so much Dave .  This is all really helpful.  Sorry that was auto-correct I think, as I meant (and pretty sure I typed) "cannister's" :D   I have no idea where Apple gets these words from ha .

Brilliant I will buy re-usable ones as that's the only part of the process I was worried about (I was worried about light leaks and got the impression people re-used 'normal' cannister's ... I doubt that's common or maybe I misunderstood it) .  

I think I will grab the same loaders as you then 

Hi Graham,

It is possible to reuse commercial canister but requires some planning.  When I rewind I leave an inch hanging out, then when a load on a reel I pull from the canister and cut the film 1.5 inch from the felt, never opening the canister. Then when reloading tape the new film onto the little bit hanging out of the canister.  This leaves a problem in that if you load 24 exposures the last two or 2.5 frames were exposed when you taped onto the tail.  I'm only doing this until my new reusable canisters arrive off back order.

Dave

• Thanks 1

Fat City Automotive

Leica M7 w/35mm Summicron on Ilford FP4+ in HC110H scanned on Plustek 8200

• Like 9

Some cinestill experimentation, quite a fun film if you want to just go wild :D

These were underexposed

Leica M6, Cinestill 800T, 35mm Color Skopar

• Like 5

Dog on wheels, Pike Place Market 11/2021

Leica MP with 75mm 7Artisans on Ilford HP5+ at ISO1600 dev. in Rodinal 1:25 for 11 min at 20C.

Scanned with Plustek 8200 and Vuescan software. Click on picture for sharper image.

Edited by Sailronin
  • Like 6

A man bundled up against the cold with his bundle of cardboard near Pike Place Market in Seattle

Leica MP w/75mm 7Artisans f1.25 lens on Ilford HP5+ at ISO 1600 dev. in Rodinal 1:25 for 11 minutes at 20C and scanned with Plustek 8200. As always please click on image to see sharper version.

Edited by Sailronin
  • Like 3

Simmicron 90f2 APO + Kodak Ultramax 400
  • Like 14

35:1.4 v2 and Tri-X.
COVID lockdown, Bronte Beach Sydney .   

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 7

Meanwhile, in a different postcode.
35:1.4 v2, Tri-X 

Edited by grahamc
  • Like 5